Rumper Room

Rumperroom

An endless open thread for registered members of Rumproast.  Newest comments appear at the top (150 per page), so read from the bottom if you need to catch up.

Only registered members can comment in our open forums. Either log-in or register if you'd like to comment.

Heh.  In the wingnut mind, the easiest way to stop unwanted enlightenment in its tracks is to vomit belligerence at it.

Comment by Lowkey on 04/18/13 at 11:37 AM

A methane bubble, John. Muir’s self-regard could fuel a small city, particularly with you fracking him.

Unfortunately, his ability to operate without shame is common in Teabaggery. Sanctimonious assholism seems to provide an impermeable barrier against creeping awareness.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 04/18/13 at 10:30 AM

So… Muir was doing a story where his righteous right-wingers are arrested by the EVIL DHS, for being well, righteous right-wingers—and then Boston went and happened.

Now, there are many ways to handle such a development.  Muir naturally managed to choose the worst—folding it into his storyline.  So now his characters are ranting about Bill Ayers in response to questioning. 

He really does live in a bubble.

Comment by John Ball on 04/17/13 at 03:17 PM

Great speech by a aye voter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDEiaoEP2U

Comment by Rebecca on 04/17/13 at 05:22 AM

Lucky 13!  The ayes: 77 the nahs: 44 I love you, New Zealand!

Comment by Rebecca on 04/17/13 at 04:42 AM

If you can watch livestreams coming from any country in the world then you may be interested in the gay marriage debate (final vote in one and a half hours) at this link.  http://www.3news.co.nz/Marriage-equality-bill-debates-v ote/tabid/1568/articleID/294595/Default.aspx

It’s an AWESOME debate.  I’m sure the bill will pass.

Comment by Rebecca on 04/17/13 at 03:36 AM

I just…don’t even know anymore. No, I don’t….

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/north-carol ina-religion-bill_n_3003401.html

Comment by domynoe on 04/03/13 at 07:19 PM

Oh, ay-up.

She’s mainly hanging out around myiq2xu‘s hole nowadays. Figures.

Comment by YAFB on 03/29/13 at 10:16 AM

The pirouettings from some of the left-behind PUMA crowd

I noticed puma helenk(an early conflucian) posted a comment under one of Johnson’s screeds.  Remember her?  Better question, remember her old sig line?:

WOMEN WITH INTELLIGENCE AND EXPERIENCE,MEN WHO SUPPORT THEM AND COUNTRY BEFORE PARTY ALWAYS PUMAS,BUBBA,EQUALISTS AND THOSE PEOPLE RULE

Comment by JasonM on 03/29/13 at 08:38 AM

Larry topped himself today

Good grief. That’s the first time I’ve looked at his comments for a while. The pirouettings from some of the left-behind PUMA crowd as they veer from “Huh? Really, Larry?” via the standard “Ermagerd 0bamamessiah wharrgarble” to “I agree. I’m fat, too, and I shouldn’t be in charge of the SS” are Olympic-standard.

Has anybody seen a recent pic of Johnson? His own BMI was nothing to boast about last I saw.

Comment by YAFB on 03/28/13 at 09:14 AM

Larry topped himself today: Why Did Obama Put a Fat Girl in Charge of Secret Service? Featuring the ever-classy line “this pudgy porker ain’t the ticket.”

This must be what happens to bloggers when their popularity wanes and they don’t have any hobbies.

Comment by D Johnston on 03/27/13 at 09:30 PM

I’d like to know what’s been contaminating his precious bodily fluids…

SOY, GODDAMNIT!  He’s not speaking anecdotally about the moob-induced ghey… he’s patient fucking zero!

Comment by Lowkey on 03/27/13 at 08:52 AM

Gawd, to think I used to read Johnson when he was the place to go for Plame umbrage.  I’d like to know what’s been contaminating his precious bodily fluids…  Er, maybe not.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 03/26/13 at 06:56 PM

Larry “Whitey” Johnson has realized the money in Obama-bashing isn’t what it used to be, and has branched out. His new targets: gay marriage and the unfermented soy products that are to blame. That the only link he proposes is that soy causes moobs (therefore, ipso facto, the ghey, Q.E. mother-fucking D.) is awesome.

Comment by dmd76 on 03/26/13 at 06:14 PM

From a friend on Twitter: All I think of when I see the new GOP GO RED scheme is the Communist Russia Flag.

LOL!

Comment by domynoe on 03/25/13 at 09:50 PM

Yeah, I needed a ciggie afterwards.

I did some digging on Sieradski, as I’d never heard of him before.

The Talk page on his Wikipedia article is awash with perfidious attempts to edit him out of the public record and slander him (they eventually locked the article for a while), and one nut even set up a blog a couple of years ago (linked anonymously toward the end of the Talk page, but the IP address reveals it’s one “Malik Shabazz”, which I imagine is a pseudonym as that was Malcom X’s alternym) with just one post that smeared him to high heaven as an anti-Semite yadayadayada. So I imagine he must be doing something right!

Comment by YAFB on 03/22/13 at 03:03 PM

Damn, YAFB, that is a corker.  Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Lowkey on 03/22/13 at 09:42 AM

This Twitter exchange between Daniel Sieradski and David Dombrowsky was a doozy:

Daniel Sieradski @selfagency

MT @OccupyJudaism: If only U.S. Jewish leaders were as welcoming of this statement as the Israelis who applauded it. pic.twitter.com/ZOgdkKAsSG

David Dombrowsky ‏@ddombrowsky 10h

@selfagency @OccupyJudaism So the moral of the story would be…. violence and murder will lead to victory? How is that right?

Daniel Sieradski @selfagency 10h

@ddombrowsky If that is your takeaway, I suspect there is little to gain from attempting to reason with you.

David Dombrowsky @ddombrowsky 10h

@selfagency Smug and condescending, just what I’ve come to expect from Mr. Sieradski. Have a nice day :)

Daniel Sieradski @selfagency 10h

@ddombrowsky I am happy to be smug and condescend to hateful, racist idiots.

David Dombrowsky @ddombrowsky 7h

@selfagency I say “have a nice day” and you call me a “racist idiot?” Do you realize how much of a fool you sound?

Daniel Sieradski @selfagency 7h

@ddombrowsky Suggesting that Palestinians are all violent murderers & that their freedom would be a victory for terrorists is racist idiocy.

David Dombrowsky @ddombrowsky 2h

@selfagency Rewarding murders, whatever their “race,” would indeed be giving victory to terrorists. Negotiation requires good faith.

Daniel Sieradski @selfagency 1h

@ddombrowsky Palestinians have an inalienable right to self-determination that does not cease to be because of armed resistance.

@ddombrowsky Do you call stealing the land that would constitute a future Palestinian state negotiating in good faith?

@ddombrowsky Do you call imprisoning thousands of Palestinians under administrative detention (ie., without charges) good faith?

@ddombrowsky Do you call extrajudicial assassination good faith?

@ddombrowsky Do you call demolishing civilian infrastructure and private homes good faith?

@ddombrowsky Do you realize that Israel led a terrorist campaign against Britain in its pursuit of independence? Was Israel terror’s reward?

@ddombrowsky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irgun_attacks …

@ddombrowsky Did you know we have a shrine in Tel Aviv in honor of our terrorists, with scale model reproductions of our bombs & targets?

@ddombrowsky http://www.flickr.com/photos/jewschool/67653583/in/set- 1460138 …

Daniel Sieradski ‏@selfagency 1h

@ddombrowsky http://www.flickr.com/photos/jewschool/67653328/in/set- 1460138 …

@ddombrowsky http://www.flickr.com/photos/jewschool/67653093/in/set- 1460138 …

@ddombrowsky So please do us all a favor and save it for someone who doesn’t know any better.

Comment by YAFB on 03/21/13 at 10:23 PM

This may provide better context for the previous post

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/20/13 at 12:20 AM

What happens when Snoop Double-D-O-G meets a hillbilly? What does it sound like when Dr. Dre jams with the best fiddle near this here holler?

Here’s the answer, and it’s pretty damn good.

Rollin’ down the street smokin’ endo and sippin’ on gin and juice as done in Appalachia.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/19/13 at 10:57 PM

Not sure if y’all have seen the viral video of the CCC (cali conservation corps) kids dancing with their supervisors. I do not know the man, but many others do and he’s a Humboldt guy who has also written a children’s book.

Here he is being interviewed on local radio

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/13/13 at 05:23 PM

LOL, I love it that libertarians yowl about freedom, and then skip hand-in-hand with Tony Perkins to CPAC.

Comment by Lowkey on 03/13/13 at 01:15 PM

We do, however, have Grambling v. Southern as a reminder

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/10/13 at 01:23 AM

And our Navy band played the Popeye theme, the 60s version of the Batman song and then, in a soulful and contemplative pause, they broke out the Superman anthem.

Rat-a-tat-tat-motherfuckers

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/10/13 at 12:34 AM

Damn, HB, those drumline links—I used to be part of a public school orchestra before I went three years “gleek” in h.s.(I am a way better singer than a bass player, let me tell you)—I never saw that kind of discipline. They work like a well-disciplined machine of percussive awesomeness rather than a unit of talented individuals—I can not fathom how much time they have to practice together to get that synchronized. But it’s a compelling joy to watch.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 03/09/13 at 05:28 PM

Swiss drumline tearing it up at last year’s Tattoo in Edinburgh.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/08/13 at 05:34 PM

If O’Keefe’s statement regarding the settlement is any indication, he hasn’t learned a fucking thing.  I just hope he doesn’t destroy someone else’s life before the next time he plops into a legal beef.

Comment by Lowkey on 03/08/13 at 04:14 PM

I am hoping that this is just the start of many, many lawsuits that have O’Keefe’s kiester in the crosshairs.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 03/08/13 at 02:44 PM

O hai!! Look what edgy young journalism hasbeen has to dole out big bucks for his biased misportrayal or an ACORN employee.

Any guessing whether that sort of damage is covered under his wingnut welfare mealticket?

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 03/07/13 at 10:15 PM

If you need a laugh just listen to this young man describe a field trip during his 3rd grade year.

NSFL

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/07/13 at 05:42 PM

Ya know, HB, God put those fossils there just to test the faith of His dogs.  All good Christian dogs know the Earth was created about 850 years ago.

Comment by Lowkey on 03/07/13 at 09:44 AM

Stupid scientists with their fossils and research and evolution stuff

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/06/13 at 06:25 PM

@SOaS: LOL, keep on keepin’ relevant, conservatives.

Comment by Lowkey on 03/05/13 at 11:25 PM

Ain’t room for but one guv at CPAC, and St. $arah’s already got that spot nailed down!

Comment by StringOnAStick on 03/05/13 at 06:54 PM

Awww, it seems yet another popular blue/purple state governor isn’t invited to CPAC this year.

Granted, it’s probably not the worst thing for Bible Bob’s national ambitions to end his association with that yowling loonfest.  It’s still fun to watch the Tea Party eat the Republican young.

Comment by Lowkey on 03/05/13 at 02:08 PM

Please think of the children.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 03/05/13 at 11:29 AM

Here’s another short film from my buddy, Eyez, it even has some Monk.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 02/28/13 at 01:40 PM

@D Johnston: HA!  I love Tom Scocca.

Comment by Lowkey on 02/28/13 at 11:28 AM

Ooh.  The Editrix is quite cross at the Wonketteers, and rightly so.  If I had to personally apologize to Michelle Malkin, I’d burn my blog down.

I feel an urge to buy the woman a martini.

Comment by Lowkey on 02/28/13 at 11:27 AM

I had to put on my serious face at my eponymous haunt because, seriously, what is up with Scalia and that “racial entitlement” statement?  I was already expecting this based on his assertion that the only people who count are those that the founders counted, and his assertion that the Constitution itself was dead—but is he really so sold on the death of the Constitution that he can’t acknowledge the existence of Amendments made after whatever point in time he thinks the Founders perfected it and had it killed and bronzed? Even if the Constitution they created included the process for new Amendments to be made? Meaning he is at the outset a cosmic schmuck for his contra-historical position?

Let me simplify my general position thusly: Politically biased SCJ is politically biased.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 02/27/13 at 11:24 PM

There need to be more takedowns of David Brooks columns in the blogosphere. The problem is that they’re all basically the same - complaining that the government is wasting money keeping useless old people alive instead of “investing in the future,” whatever the hell that means.

Maybe that’s the idea behind this column. If Brooks throws around a bunch of old-timey sounding “dance steps,” people will be so blinded by derisive laughter that they won’t realize how sociopathic the argument is.

Comment by D Johnston on 02/26/13 at 04:16 PM

Oh, GAWD.

David Fucking Brooks is trying to get hip and rap at the kidz that both sides are financially wack, yo.

After I’m done brushing the vomit out of my mouth, I will desperately await a skilled fisking of this… column.  Thing.  Words fail.

Comment by Lowkey on 02/22/13 at 10:51 AM

LOL!  This, in your head, should sound exactly like this.

Comment by Lowkey on 02/21/13 at 10:20 AM

“Friends of Humus”.  Time to pound them into the sand with this tag! 

I love the smell of wingers being ridiculed, morning, night, any ol’ time.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 02/21/13 at 09:54 AM

This is the part where I’d normally leave some flippant little phrase mocking Ben Shapiro, but I’m not sure whether I should go with “Citizen journalism!” or “Self-correcting blogosphere!” So many options.

Don’t have the link with me, but a few hours ago Shapiro dropped another post claiming that Friedman admitted he was wrong. Needless to say, this was false as well.

Comment by D Johnston on 02/20/13 at 11:53 PM

Hope y’all are following the hilarious Breitbart.com meltdown over the Hagel/“Friends of Hamas” fuckup.

Given their continuing corpse-adulation of ole Breity and drive to pepetuate his journalistic standards, maybe they should rename themselves Friends of Humus.

Comment by YAFB on 02/20/13 at 09:54 PM

Senator McCain just told someone that he was entitled to his opinion but he wasn’t entitled to his facts.

WTH does THAT mean? lol

Comment by domynoe on 02/20/13 at 06:40 PM

I just don’t want to lose FR to a system that can’t grow, especially in these dark times. We need FR to live!

Isn’t that the final line from Old Yeller?

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 02/20/13 at 11:11 AM

Free Republic has been down for the best part of two days.

Supposedly they’ve had a database server crash, requiring Jimbob’s henchtech John to hotfoot to Santa Fe to try to fix it, then hotfoot back home for the night when he couldn’t figure out WTF was going on, now tasked with procuring a shiny new server so the wingnuts currently scattered to Facebook, the unofficial FR backup site, and Yahoo! will cease to whine and pine/won’t go finding a better hole to hang out in and deprive Jimbob of his pension.

It did lead to a neat exchange on one of their backup hangouts:

Re: FR database server down
Posted By: victorygalusa
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Very sorry, Jim Rob. :-( FR is by far and away the best forum I have the pleasure and honor to be a part of.

I hate to say it, because I think you’ve talked about it before, but it really may be time to reboot FR on a more scalable, less homegrown system. I just don’t want to lose FR to a system that can’t grow, especially in these dark times. We need FR to live!

Best Wishes,
Thea (VictoryGal)

Re: FR database server down
Posted By: editor.surveyor
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 pm

FR’s present software is the only acceptable package out there. Nothing else even comes close. We have far more features available than any other site has. It would be like all the other stone age joke sites.

Comment by YAFB on 02/20/13 at 12:19 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

*gasp, puff, wheeze*

...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*wipes tears away*

Oh man, that is just, too, too perfect.  Peretz is all like “my creation?  I know thee not.  You’ve become so liberal!”  And Nathan Bedford McCain is like, “TROLOLOLOL, libtards!”

Comment by Lowkey on 02/14/13 at 01:58 PM

I sorta feel sorry for that reporter/blogger/whatever she is. The WaPo’s editors? Asleep at the wheel.

Comment by YAFB on 02/13/13 at 12:48 AM

I feel so much better about that time I got rooked by The Daily Currant.  Of course, that means my skepticism is only slightly stronger than the WaPo’s editors’, but hey, I don’t get paid for this shit.

Comment by Lowkey on 02/12/13 at 03:25 PM

Well, this is shaping up to be a lovely week.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/02/11/1571751 /texas-congressman-invites-ted-nugent-who-threatened-the-pre sidents-life-to-the-state-of-the-union/?mobile=nc

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 02/11/13 at 03:19 PM

The Examiner is right-wing pay-per-click linkbait. No one touches their stuff because that’s exactly what they want.

Comment by D Johnston on 02/09/13 at 07:30 PM

Have we covered this one yet?

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-study-confirms-e conomy-was-destroyed-by-democrat-policies

Comment by Rebecca on 02/08/13 at 07:50 PM

Ummmm….

New Mexico Bill Would Imprison Rape Victims Who Receive Abortions

*head desk*

(I tried to articulate something more…snarky…but just couldn’t…I’m just…yea.)

Comment by domynoe on 02/01/13 at 05:20 PM

There’s at least one dead person on that list, you know. Nora Ephron died last year and she’s still mentioned. My guess is that they harvested this thing from old petitions and memberships and never bothered to double-check it.

Comment by D Johnston on 01/29/13 at 06:19 PM

I was impressed by how comprehensive the list is. Especially all the of religious orgs.  It defines paranoia.

Comment by Nellcote on 01/29/13 at 01:38 PM

Well isn’t that precious, publishing an enemies list.  How…..retro; how…...Nixonian; how…..predictably stupid.  You know, eventually the overdramatic screaming toddler realizes their schtick is having the opposite of the intended effect.  I don’t see that kind of self awareness amongst the NRA yet, and I doubt I ever will.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 01/29/13 at 12:28 PM

NRA publishes it’s Enemies List

Comment by Nellcote on 01/28/13 at 07:15 PM

@YAFB “Excellent. It’s one thing to find a job, but a really worthwhile one ...”

Thanks, man.  It’s the one I’ve been volunteering at since October after staying there.  We’ve helped each other out.  2013 is bloody awesome so far.

Comment by Rebecca on 01/26/13 at 02:50 AM

RIGHT the hell ON.  Just for once, I’m not going to be a cynical smartass, and credit this to some Republicans acting in good faith defense of democracy, and not suggest that they’re recoiling from the sunlight of the Times and WaPo.

Whoops, it appears I’m not very good at not being a cynical smartass.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/25/13 at 02:56 PM

The Tundra Twit no longer broadcasting from the AK bearskin rug studio?  Or any other Faux location?  Is it my birthday?

Comment by StringOnAStick on 01/25/13 at 11:48 AM

@YAFB: We traffic in gossip and innuendo around these parts.  Fuck it, if you’ve got something funny to write, write it.  You know Charlie Pierce cruises the Roast, it’d make his day, and he’s been having a bad couple of ‘em.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/25/13 at 11:10 AM

Yeah, Lowkey, Malia’s usually pretty reliable, but if it was firmer, I might even have frontpaged it.

Comment by YAFB on 01/25/13 at 10:47 AM

@YAFB: I’m not ready to take the unnamed switchboard operator source as gospel, but…

WHEEE!  A sad, fucked-up part of me will miss the Princess, but watching her final slide into irrelevancy oblivion is going to be a fucking gas.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/25/13 at 10:30 AM

Brace yourself for mass formation fainting over at Conservatives4Palin—Fox didn’t renew the Quitter’s contract!

Comment by YAFB on 01/24/13 at 09:36 PM

Lowkey, this disenfranchisement crap is exhibit A for why I want to strangle people, who when told what the rethugs are planning on doing, andswer with “oh, they’d never do something THAT unpopular, you must be mistaken”.  Makes you want to scream.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 01/24/13 at 05:08 PM

Charlie Pierce is much better at being angry than I am.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/24/13 at 03:15 PM

GODDAMNIT.  I have got to figure out a way to help raise so much hell that they cut this shit out.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/24/13 at 09:51 AM

@SoaS: The scuttlebutt is that this move just sank the rest Governor Bible Bob’s agenda, and whatever shreds of national ambition he had after Rmoney blew it.

Which doesn’t suck.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/23/13 at 11:13 AM

The National Anthem is a tough song to sing well, so I got no prob with lip syncing it at such an important event.  The screaching would be even louder if there was a flat note or too in a live version, so they can all go pound sand.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 01/23/13 at 11:13 AM

@mar: I’m just happy the spastic knuckleheads are having a hissy about something that doesn’t matter, for once.  Yes, you all have a nice two minutes hate over Bey, don’t mind us, we’re just trying to get some gun and climate bills passed.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/23/13 at 11:12 AM

It better mean war; they can’t be allowed to try shit like this and not have it blow up in their faces, PERIOD.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 01/23/13 at 11:10 AM

@Nancy: Thanks for the link!  I’ve been crawling all over the local papers and Blue Virginia following the action.

I’m thrilled that it doesn’t have a prayer of standing, but, and I apologize for the hyperbole, this means fucking war.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/23/13 at 11:09 AM

Probably not worthy of a post but I am getting a kick out of the wingers’ massive freakout over BEYONCE LIP SYNCHING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!11!1!!11

Impeachment can’t be far behind

Comment by marindenver on 01/22/13 at 08:40 PM

Here:
http://my.firedoglake.com/phoenix/2013/01/21/virginia-s enate-republicans-cant-even-stage-a-coup-right/

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 01/22/13 at 03:44 PM

@Lowkey:  Me too, until just now when I read that their constitution states that “redistricting” was to occur in 2011 (which happened) and only every 10 years after that.  Plus, the governor seems to be running away - fast.

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 01/22/13 at 03:36 PM

I am so mad about this shit that I had a hard time sleeping last night.

I flee to my Roaster comrades for moral support.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/22/13 at 09:28 AM

@JasonM: I think I just heard Alan Colmes giggle.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/17/13 at 02:10 PM

I wonder how the folks who wanted him to “primary” Obama from the left feel about this:

Days before President Barack Obama’s inauguration for a second term in office, Fox News Channel has signed Dennis Kucinich, one of his former opponents, to be a regular contributor

Comment by JasonM on 01/17/13 at 11:39 AM

@Big Bad:  I’ve decided I’m going to call you Big Bad in casual blog-versation from now on.  Less for brevity’s sake, more because I find it funny to imagine you as a member of the Homestar Runner team.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/17/13 at 09:11 AM

@YAFB it’s Whanau Resource Centre, it’s an emergency housing for women charity so great guess! :-)

Heh. I figured if it was the other one, we might have heard something about the coup.

Excellent. It’s one thing to find a job, but a really worthwhile one ...

Comment by YAFB on 01/15/13 at 09:50 PM

LOL, I don’t know whether to be thrilled or worried that The Kroog has gone full metal interblogs.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/15/13 at 10:01 AM

@YAFB it’s Whanau Resource Centre, it’s an emergency housing for women charity so great guess! :-)

Thanks for the well wishes YAFB and lowkey. :-)

Comment by Rebecca on 01/15/13 at 12:12 AM

@Lowkey:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind,
One for all
All for one
And every man for himself!

The best in finely chilled and bottled 2012s to all of my Roasters-in-arms.

Comment by StrangeAppar8us on 01/14/13 at 06:52 PM

I would really like to eat dinner with this family

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 01/12/13 at 01:00 PM

I’d forgotten too many of the reasons why Sully is such a complete jackass; thanks for the Balloon Juice link.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 01/12/13 at 11:56 AM

That’s when I also learned that Andrew Sullivan was a walking, talking, piece of racist shit, something I’ve thought to this day and added, coward, war-cheerleading fuckwhistle and all-around shithead to the description.

I’d heard many of the horror stories about ol’ Sully during my few years wandering through Blogistan, but seeing them all (and some new offenders) so blisteringly collected in that article was delightful.

Alsotoo, HB, you forgot “self-aggrandizing, self-congratulating jerkoff” in your string of Sully Descriptors.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/11/13 at 01:40 PM

I remember reading the “Bell Curve” and then immediately after, reading Jay Gould’s magnificent takedown of the Nazi eugenics used to support the central thesis along with every other bit of so-called scientific support beam in the book.

That’s when I also learned that Andrew Sullivan was a walking, talking, piece of racist shit, something I’ve thought to this day and added, coward, war-cheerleading fuckwhistle and all-around shithead to the description.
From Balloon-Juice, this link

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 01/11/13 at 01:08 PM

Too many pissed off taxpayers maybe?

Here, domynoe, enjoy Taibbi’s righteous rage on the subject.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/10/13 at 11:07 AM

Word is now that they’re dropping the case.

Too many pissed off taxpayers maybe? :P

Comment by domynoe on 01/09/13 at 09:16 PM

For serious?

http://business.time.com/2013/01/09/a-heaping-helpin g-of-chutzpah-aig-considers-suing-the-u-s-government-for-bai ling-it-out/

*head desk*

Comment by domynoe on 01/09/13 at 01:42 PM

Psst, Betty!  I’m guessin’ this is on your radar, but just in case your tipsters on your beat hadn’t beat me to it…

Comment by Lowkey on 01/08/13 at 05:56 PM

WRC?

World Rally Championship? Women’s Resource Centre?

Either way, sounds good to me. Congratulations, Rebecca!

Comment by YAFB on 01/08/13 at 05:16 PM

@Rebecca: Hifive, homegirl!  Congratulations on the new gig!

Comment by Lowkey on 01/08/13 at 09:53 AM

Ladies and Gentleman, I have a paying job as of yesterday.  Finally I’m no longer a stay at home bum.

Thank you WRC for firing the accountant and putting me in charge of the finances instead.

Comment by Rebecca on 01/08/13 at 05:52 AM

This morning’s episode of People Who Are Awesome Because Self-Awareness is brought to you by Krugthulhu.

Comment by Lowkey on 01/07/13 at 01:50 PM

Double personal foul to open the second half, first-toss INT, Seminole providing color on the radio feed and Loo-Vull comes Strong?

Sounds like some Flo-Ree-Dah yinzers got their southern comfort on.

Ahem.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 01/03/13 at 12:06 AM

Tomorrow we’re heading north to that land of fluffy white snow and socialized medicine for a bit O’ fun and alcohol (but I repeat myself).  Happy New Year to all here; see you on the ‘13 side!

Comment by StringOnAStick on 12/28/12 at 01:29 PM
Page 2 of 309 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »