Rumper Room

Rumperroom

An endless open thread for registered members of Rumproast.  Newest comments appear at the top (150 per page), so read from the bottom if you need to catch up.

Only registered members can comment in our open forums. Either log-in or register if you'd like to comment.

Don’t stay away long, Lowkey, we’ll miss you.

And cheersh, bottomsh up, and all that.

Comment by YAFB on 12/28/12 at 12:04 PM

I’m about to unplug from the intertoobz again, but before I go, I just wanted to wish all the Roasters the happiest of new years!

*lifts glass*

Here’s to you, and here’s to me,
the best of Roasting friends we be,
but if by chance, we’ll disagree?
Fuck you.  Here’s to me.

CLANG.

Comment by Lowkey on 12/28/12 at 09:16 AM

Love the pug, Lowkey; quite the prance he’s got going there.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 12/23/12 at 12:13 PM

@Vixen: Man, it’s like a serial hate monger and con-artist can’t trust her fellow travellers any more!  What’s the world coming to?!

This is post worthy, methinks.  DRUDGE SIRENS!  DEVELOPING!

Comment by Lowkey on 12/22/12 at 09:17 AM

Aw. This is kind of sad….

Nothing gold can stay.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 12/21/12 at 08:51 PM

It’s Christmas!  I am not going to be a huge righteous anger bear; there will be plenty of time for that in a few days, and I’ll need the strength of spirit that holiday cheer brings.

Look at this pug.  LOOK AT HIM!

Comment by Lowkey on 12/21/12 at 06:04 PM

If this doesn’t fill you with holiday cheer, nothing will.

(I know you’ve all probably already seen it, but shut up, ‘cos Christmas.  I’ve watched it a dozen times, and it has lost none of its awesomeness.)

Comment by Lowkey on 12/21/12 at 10:45 AM

@Strange you’ve gone way over my unedumacated head, I’m gonna have to google and get back to you. ;-)

Comment by Rebecca on 12/21/12 at 05:04 AM

In today’s strip, Muir gushed about a column by fellow crazy, “Sultan Knish”.  And so finally, I peeked, and enjoyed the following lunatic screed about how people like myself only want to get rid of guns because we hate America.  Oh, but there was so much more.  There was also the following… bit of wit.

Yeah.  And his fans praise his prose, you know.

Comment by John Ball on 12/20/12 at 04:32 PM

In case you think YOU have had a shitty day…

Comment by Oblomova on 12/20/12 at 02:02 AM

I’m sparing Rumproast my more acid snark, but I decided to do a bit of a thing on McArdle’s latest. I recommend taking it with a grain. I was feeling intentionally difficult while writing it.

A Less Than Entirely Rigorous Defense of Megan McArdle’s Column

My co-bloggers might recognize my reticence—re-write during the daylight hours was required.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 12/18/12 at 11:46 PM

@ HB - I love that!  Makes me miss my old friend Ian from Edinburgh.

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 12/17/12 at 11:30 AM

I think but am not sure that YAFB is holding the camera, but who knows, they damn sure aint speaking English.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 12/14/12 at 10:07 PM

Happy Hanukkah to any tribal Roasters and have a great holiday (aint sure if they’re high, but I am) and enjoy that bush. Motherfuckers.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 12/14/12 at 12:30 PM

Here’s one more look at what illegal growing does to the environment. One other note, these are primarily local growers, there is a large drug cartel presence in the region, particularly on Federal lands, but what you see here are folks who make their living growing and selling.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 12/13/12 at 04:23 PM

@HB: I’m with SOaS, that was some great reading.  Thank you!  My thought was, if you are having a zesty local struggle between established growers and powerful environmentalists, your locale is probably doing something right.

Comment by Lowkey on 12/13/12 at 02:48 PM

Fascinating story HB, and I have to say I am interested to hear from someone with real info on the old “big growers are against legalization” trope; looks like that is as true as a sunset.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 12/13/12 at 01:47 PM

@Rebecca: Ice-dancing Jesus on a broken Zamboni! Yes, I am hopelessly bald in the spaces between my dwindling hair shafts and yes, these days, the flushing toilet might as well be the demon Pazuzu come to take my shriveled, sightless soul.

Comment by StrangeAppar8us on 12/12/12 at 05:17 PM

Speaking of institutes, Humboldt State University has launched its Marijuana Institute (much to the amusement of the Jimmy Kimmel crowd) to study the effects of marijuana on our region, and just to give you guys a quick heads up, the effect is huge.

Millions, if not billions of dollars (the most reputable and conservative studies put it at 2.5 billion a year) flow through the area primarily in the black market. There are several towns within driving distance where everyone pays in cash and you learn quickly that small talk excludes questions such as “what do you do for a living?”

One aspect HSU will focus on is the environmental impact, again, it’s huge. Do a google map search for Humboldt, Mendocino or Trinity counties and you and all you love can see quite clearly the grow sites, from modest, 100 plant sites to massive, clear-cut scars surrounded by home-made levees and dikes, graded dirt roads and all the equipment and paraphernalia associated with a major agricultural endeavor.

We also get a lot of rain, a lot, not as much as the old-timers tell me we used to get, be we get a lot and most of the time it comes in storms rumbling down from the Gulf of Alaska dropping 3 to 5 inches in a 48-hour period as happened 10 days ago.

Now go back to those illegally graded roads, those small and large clear-cut areas in the woods because all the grow sites are situated either directly alongside or quite near one of the six rivers that criss-cross the region. What happens when it rains? Small landslides and millions of metric tons of sediment flow down the rivers into the Pacific carrying with it every example of pesticide and rodentcide and miracle-gro component the local grower has used to get his crop to the drying shed.

Friends of the Eel River give us a look at what happens next

It’s been fascinating watching the environmental crowd, which is well-funded, well-educated and well-versed following 40 years of battling timber barons, bump up against other folks from the same branch of their tree—back to earth small farmers and growers who inflict incredible amounts of damage to watersheds, woodlands and wildlife with illegal grows.

Current timberland owners are getting a good taste of schadenfreude (not that I can blame them) as the pot growers find themselves up against friends and neighbors in many cases, who are focused on protecting the amazing natural beauty of this region and make no bones about calling out those who would cause serious damage for quick profit.

Legalization you may ask? It lost badly, locally, and a lot of local dollars were pumped into defeating it state-wide, so while the HSU Marijuana Institute may cause a chuckle at first, what we are watching is a growing battle between a viable agricultural product produced without the oversight given to every other agricultural project in the state and a powerful environmental presence that has defeated some of the most powerful corporate interests in the world.

Legalization is the only sane route, but there are an awful lot of people both in government and out that never want to see it happen.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 12/12/12 at 12:03 PM

@Strange.  One more thing.  Have you noticed how loud a toilet flushes?  That’s one thing she kept banging on about. lol

Comment by Rebecca on 12/12/12 at 03:44 AM

@Strange.  You’re bald too?  Jesus H man!

Daughter said that she doesn’t want to learn now because she’s not blind any more and it’s not the same.  “It would’ve been so cool to learn then”

So there.  You tried to shoot your brains out and now you’re cool. ;-)  Love you, man. xo

Comment by Rebecca on 12/12/12 at 03:43 AM

@Rebecca: I’m scheduled to learn as soon as I’m accepted by one of the local blind institutes. In the meantime, I’ve acquired a modest braille learning kit, so I can get a jump on the gun. Thanks for caring!

You Big Bald Blind Buddy

Comment by StrangeAppar8us on 12/11/12 at 08:41 PM

Question for Strange if you can pass it on, please, Mrs Polly.

Are you learning braille?  My daughter wanted to learn it last year when she was blind with keratitis but they had no books at the library.

Comment by Rebecca on 12/11/12 at 02:18 AM

Trump is a bawbag, as the Scottish kids say.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 12/10/12 at 02:06 PM

Masterly.

Perhaps this is Trump’s secret, his actual business, which would vindicate his alleged business savvy.

“Want a banner year?  Toss some innocuous pseudo-slight my way, I’ll have a hissy fit in public, BOOM, sales spike.  That’ll be a million dollars.”

Comment by Lowkey on 12/10/12 at 01:20 PM

Glenfiddich/Grant’s has perpetrated the classic double headfake. The wounded Donald’s intemperate griping and pledge to ban its products from his premises has led to a predictable seasonal backlash, and many a Christmas stocking will be higher-octane this year as a result. And they don’t owe him a penny for his efforts on their behalf. Masterly.

Yes, I’d imagine Trump will attract a few monied rubes to hack around his increasingly sand-buried greens (the shifting dunes of Menie haven’t suddenly decided to stay put, despite his claims), but the reaction among some of our pals who’re keen golfers (some with the funds to indulge themselves more or less at will) has been interesting.

Ms. YAFB tried to extract a pledge never to play there from one of them, which ended up being totally unnecessary. The vitriol that erupts whenever his name comes up in conversation, even from folks whose politics aren’t particularly lefty, is a sight to behold, topped only by the hilarity when we recount some of the jumped-up superannuated toupee stand’s adventures in real estate and politics in the US. We’re dining out on Trump.

One of them found a Trump International Golf Links-branded golf ball lost on one of the more prestigious Loch Lomond courses and presented to her with an ironic flourish. We now display it ironically on our mantelshelf. I may get a plaque engraved—“Stolen from ...”

Comment by YAFB on 12/09/12 at 08:30 AM

Upon hearing the story that Mr. Twump has banned a certain brand of scotch from his once-and-future golf resort because of their taste in awards, I had to ask myself: “after Twump has made such a scorn-inducing fool of himself with the Scottish people, who the hell is going to golf at his environment-decimating resort?”.  Obviously, I answered that with “all the tasteless new money pricks from the financial services industry”. 

Here’s hoping the Gods of the Scottish coastline and waves will know the proper moment to toss a rogue wave of incredible size and golf course detroying ferocity.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 12/08/12 at 12:29 PM

Lowkey—

And I wonder about the taste.

Don’t ask The Donald. He’s teetotal. And a certified twat.  Dissing him is a rapidly growing national sport over here.

Comment by YAFB on 12/08/12 at 01:51 AM

Nancy, LOVE the pics of Ms. Zippy!  Thanks for sharing.  @Strange - let’s face it - we all put on some “muscle” as we get older.  ;-)

Comment by marindenver on 12/07/12 at 11:07 PM

@YAFB: Wonkette has the line on the latest Trumpertantrum, which is particularly precious.  My lingering questions from the article, which the Googles seem unable to answer are… since when is there a Trump scotch?!  And I wonder about the taste.  Does it start with a bitter prickle, and does it finish with notes of nut, cheese, or gas?

Comment by Lowkey on 12/07/12 at 03:10 PM

KILL THE TOY!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cargirl3000/8253264736/in/ photostream

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 12/07/12 at 02:09 PM

@Strange - okay, we’ll call it muscle. :-) I believe that when she lived with you, she had much more physical activity than she does being a strictly indoor cat with me.  She also likes to lounge in her various beds (all thieved from the other cats), and we’ve gone from chasing the toy to “please place the toy in my paws”.  She is about to embark on a quest to lose 7 pounds.

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 12/07/12 at 02:03 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Laying aside the gobsmacking irony of an alarm magnate getting burgled, this should give Issa something to investigate that isn’t a complete waste of the public’s time and taxes.

Comment by Lowkey on 12/07/12 at 09:48 AM

Zippy looks like she’s packing on some muscle, Nancy. What tasty treats are you feeding her?

Comment by StrangeAppar8us on 12/06/12 at 06:05 PM

More than welcome!  She can be a difficult one to photograph - she tends to disappear.

Some details:  To her right are the birdfeeders; directly in front of her is my patio table, which functions as a platform feeder (mostly for the squirrels).  She spends a good 1/2 hour each morning gazing upon her domain.

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 12/06/12 at 12:00 PM

Thanks, Nancy! I believe I recognize a dearly beloved former cohabitor of mine. More power to my little fuzzy friend Zippy!

(Thanks also to Mrs. Polly, who describes to me important pictures I can no longer see.)

Comment by StrangeAppar8us on 12/05/12 at 07:02 PM

That’s a totally classic contented cat silhouette, Nancy!

Comment by YAFB on 11/30/12 at 06:28 PM

Hi all!  In the mood for sharing (hope that’s okay).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cargirl3000/8232378339/in/ photostream

Comment by Nancy in Detroit on 11/30/12 at 03:35 PM

@Bette Noir: Hey, homegirl! Blogenfreude over at Crooks and Liars threw your post some linklove.  Thought you might like to know.

Comment by Lowkey on 11/30/12 at 03:05 PM

I can’t even spell arseholes I think they so….yeah, I can’t speel.

Comment by Rebecca on 11/27/12 at 04:46 AM

Thanks, YAFB.  My doctor said they don’t usually see people with a depression score as high as mine ‘cos they’ve already topped themselves.

After reading back on all the news I think I (and my daughter) can safely say the Romneys are complete and utter aresholes.

Comment by Rebecca on 11/27/12 at 04:45 AM

Remember Don Surber, one of the dumbest rightwing columnists of all time(and that’s saying something)?

Egad. Yes, I do. I’d forgotten all about Bryan White, though. Thanks a pantload. ;O)

Comment by YAFB on 11/21/12 at 06:30 AM

“Nostradumbass.” I hate myself for not coming up with that first. But I will steal it.

I was unfamiliar with the Collected Wit and Wisdom of Mr. Surber, but I can hardly wait for his dire pronouncements about how Obama will be DOOMED in his attempt at a third term.

Comment by Oblomova on 11/20/12 at 05:19 PM

Remember Don Surber, one of the dumbest rightwing columnists of all time(and that’s saying something)?  A friend of mine wrote a nice take-down of Surber, read it here.

Comment by JasonM on 11/20/12 at 12:20 PM

Hi, Rebecca—great to see you around again. Depression sucks big ‘uns, so I’m really glad to hear you’re well on the mend.

Comment by YAFB on 11/20/12 at 08:42 AM

Hi everybody!  Long time no see.  Had a serious depression breakdown, scored 24/27 on the “how depressed are you?” at the doctors when I finally went to him in July.  I’m now down to 2/27, yay! 

Got a non paying volunteers job at the emergency housing charity that I stayed at for 7 weeks over September/October.  The “Accountant” (he’s qualified apparently) is getting mad at me because I keep finding all the balls ups he’s made.  “I’m a qualified Accountant, dammit, what do you know?”.  But on the plus side, my brain is back in gear, yay!

Now I’ve got to catch up on everything you guys have been talking about for the last few months.  Missed ya!  Hope Strange is still doing well. xo

Comment by Rebecca on 11/19/12 at 06:46 PM

Oblomova, that is some seriously funny copy. 

My mom is/was the queen O’ catalogs, and the longer you hold that title, the crazier the catalogs.  She loves looking at all that stuff like Williams Sonoma (and worse), and for teenaged me, it just made me want to become an anarchist.

Comment by StringOnAStick on 11/19/12 at 11:29 AM

I hate Georgia. They’ve opted out of Obamacare, so now hubs and I are still screwed when it comes to health insured.

Comment by domynoe on 11/16/12 at 09:41 PM

TNR snarks in Mitt’s mooted retirement magazine

Comment by YAFB on 11/15/12 at 10:39 PM

Seriously the funniest goddaman motherlovin’ nonpolitical thing I’ve read all week.

Comment by Oblomova on 11/15/12 at 01:12 PM

Gee, Romney couldn’t have possibly lost because he was a misogynistic douche bag who would only rep rich white guys and screw the rest of us

Whine, whine, whine.

Comment by domynoe on 11/14/12 at 08:36 PM

Good to hear the news, Jason. And thanks for all the work you and your wife put into the campaign!

Comment by Oblomova on 11/14/12 at 12:06 PM

Great News, Jason, congrats to the missus and the fact that you have an awesome dad.

Now, I pimp stuff here all the time and I won’t ever stop the body rock to the hip-hop-slippity-slop-you-don’t-stop ... ok, fuck that noise.

The Yuletide is approaching and that means giving shit to other people even though you give them shit all year long like good breakfasts and freshly ground and brewed coffee and crackers and cheese an’ shit like that but all you get is a thrift shop sweater and some old and slightly yellowed envelopes “to keep your notes and things, in” and the occasional “good job, lad” adult pat on the back.

But sit back, Roasters, toasters and mellow-flowing coasters. Have I got a deal for you, at least those of you who read ... books.

Now I know about as much about Harry Potter as Thad McCotter knows about the ovary but I belong to a clan that, to put it bluntly, bathes in that shit.

They know Harry Potter better than he could ever know himself and certainly better than Rowling ever imagined.

On that note, I go back to big pimpin’ and recommend—for those of you who are, have been or currently know someone who is, has been or who are, Potter fans—Harry Potter: Page to Screen.

Now that’s a goddamn yuletide bell just a-ringing-in-the-wintry-night-air-motherfucking-gift!

*Note: One of the co-authors has been front-paged at none other than this here blog of meat.*

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 11/13/12 at 09:32 PM

That’s great news, Jason! I’m a very long-term freelance, so life can often be precarious enough that I can relate to the dread of Christmas looming up ...

DJ—Yeah, it might be a bot that got trapped in some sort of loop.

Comment by YAFB on 11/13/12 at 11:49 AM

In that case, it’s probably just a spider that’s malfunctioning and not covering its path. Whoever he/she/it is, I’m not getting any unusual messages, and it’s clearly not one of those goofy referral spam bots.

Comment by D Johnston on 11/13/12 at 11:22 AM

Morning everyone, I don’t talk too much about my “offline” life, but I wanted to thank the my fellow Roasters for making the last 5 months a little more bearable than they would’ve been without this community.

Back in late May, my wife was laid off from her job at a local non-profit.  It sucked, we were both pretty depressed for a while, spent pretty much every moment we weren’t sleeping.  In between interviews & applications, she spent lots of time volunteering for the Obama campaign, must have knocked on hundreds of doors.  I joined her on weekends & evenings. We were dreading Christmas, since that’s when her unemployment benefits were due to run out. 

So anyway, Tuesday night was great.  We were going to avoid watching the election returns, but my father called and woke us up when it was called for Obama.  We stayed up until 2:30, so glad the bubble had been burst and heads would explode. 

Next day around noon, she got a call that offered her a job.  Talk about 2 great days in a row!  I couldn’t help but paraphrase Biden:
Obama is reelected,General Motors is alive, Bin Laden is dead and my wife has a job!  And we hope that everyone else out there looking gets one ASAP, because we know it sucks to be unemployed.

Thanks again for just being here and making these months easier and giving my household a little more hope.

Comment by JasonM on 11/13/12 at 09:49 AM

In your case, Vixen, they’d have clicked through your name on the Bloggers list in the sidebar.

Could be a bot of some sort trawling?

When you say “person,” DJ, does the IP info give any indication (like location, or a corporate address)?

Comment by YAFB on 11/11/12 at 07:09 PM

That’s odd—I’ve cheched Sitemeter (ditto frustration about downtime)and I’ve had a couple hits from that thread too—and with Strangely Blogged’s minimal traffic, I notice. I did not comment in that thread, though—weirder still.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 11/11/12 at 06:21 PM

I’ve seen a few hits, DJ, though I haven’t been able to pay close attention since Sitemeter’s been down most of the last couple of days (again). There’s only one hit listed for that post at the moment.

It’s been swamped by other visits here anyway recently. For instance, today, for some reason, we’ve been getting a LOT of visits to this old post. From what I can tell, they’re all coming from search engine results for things to do with Michelle Obama’s dress/dress size.

Comment by YAFB on 11/11/12 at 06:09 PM

So have you guys been seeing any unusual activity on this post? I’ve been getting daily hits through my comment there for the past few days, but it appears to be the same person over and over again.

Comment by D Johnston on 11/11/12 at 05:34 PM

I was trying to do some work yesterday when I received another of those delightful cold calls from one of those Indian call center crooks who’ve plagued us off and on over the past few years trying to fleece us out of money and take over our computers, asking, “Can I speak to Mr. YAFB?” [He didn’t actually ask for “Mr. YAFB,” but you know ...]

I just said, “Who are you?”

He repeated more forcefully, “Can I speak to Mr. YAFB?”

I repeated more forcefully, “Who ARE you?”

He said, surprisingly patronizingly, “It’s quite simple. I just want to speak to Mr. YAFB.”

I replied, “And I quite simply asked, WHO ARE YOU?”

At this he suddenly completely lost it and just started yelling “Fuck off! Fuck off!! FUCK OFF!!! FUCK OFF!!!! FUCK OFF!!!!! ...,” while I laughed uproariously and shouted over him, “WOW! YOU’RE QUITE A SALESMAN!”

Then he slammed the phone down. I rather enjoyed that one.

Comment by YAFB on 11/11/12 at 10:17 AM

What I love about Muir is that he seems to think that his characters are all cool, smooth-talking and witty, when really they’re just assholes. Not conservative assholes either, just assholes - rude, self-obsessed, and unpleasant in general.

And judging by the last few days, he seems to get some inspiration from “Manosphere” blogs, too. I wonder how long it’ll be before Zed accuses Sam of “riding the alpha-cock carousel.”

Comment by D Johnston on 11/10/12 at 03:53 PM

Dondero was thrown out of the Libertarian movement for being too much of an asshole, which is quite an accomplishment.

Comment by Lancelot Link on 11/09/12 at 11:18 PM

Well, I think have found one source of Chris Muir’s crazy—he namedropped it in a recent strip—one Daniel Greenfield, whose blog “sultanknish” is completely insane.  (And apparently quite popular in the circlejerk of crazy that is the far rightwing blogosphere.)  He seems to be a pretty good example of how they’ve carved out their own sad, scary little echo chamber which usually goes unnoticed by the rest of us…

Comment by John Ball on 11/09/12 at 04:38 PM

D, I have a feeling that anyone even vaguely associated with Mr. Dondero is thinking “Really? You’ll never talk to me again if you think I’m a Democrat? Pinky-swear? Hokay then—I’m a Democrat!” (Even if they’re full-on Birchers, I can’t imagine that this guy is anyone they’d want to have a beer with.)

Comment by Oblomova on 11/09/12 at 02:52 PM

@Oblomova: I’ll see that and raise you Eric Dondero, who believes that you should cut off anyone who voted for Obama, including divorcing your spouse and estranging yourself from family.

Comment by D Johnston on 11/09/12 at 12:54 PM

I think Steve Goodman gets the final word for how I feel after this week. Good Morning, America! How Are Ya?

Comment by Oblomova on 11/09/12 at 02:11 AM

Jason, the Lamberts and PUMAs and Prods of the world have a soulmate in Shelly Dankert.

The most salient connection, of course, is the certainty that putting shit up on YouTube and Facebook and whatever-the-fuck equates with “activism.”

Comment by Oblomova on 11/08/12 at 01:38 PM

I ought to make a Twitter account some day.

Drunk Nate Silver at the club, grimacing.  “11 of the next 14 songs suck,” he says.

Comment by Lowkey on 11/08/12 at 12:11 PM

Twitter fun!  Drunk Nate Silver.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=drunk+nate+sil ver&src=typd

Some of these are genius.

Comment by Lowkey on 11/08/12 at 11:38 AM

Dinesh D’Sleaza’s playing Jenga with a pinochle deck. On Twitter:

Obama’s re-election speech reminded me of the moment in The Lion King when Scar takes over the Pridelands.Be prepared— Dinesh D’Souza (@DineshDSouza) November 7, 2012

I say a football bat, sir.  And non-regulation socks.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 11/07/12 at 10:13 PM

Obama slays the Prod!

There is no way to sugar-coat it. We lost.

The American people voted for the status quo. Don’t ask me to explain it because I can’t. I don’t even want to think about it right now.

I am going to be taking a break from blogging. This is something I have been thinking about for quite some time. I honestly can’t say when or even if I will be back. I really need to clear my head before I make any decisions. I have some real life stuff I need to deal with.

Comment by JasonM on 11/07/12 at 06:54 PM

For those of you going out to vote today, allow me to share my usual advice: If your district has any judges on the ballot, vote “no” on all of them. Barring a scandal, judges are always reconfirmed, but seeing a lot of no votes keeps them honest.

Comment by D Johnston on 11/06/12 at 03:01 AM

Just back from a rally here in Richmond.  Damn, Biden is a baddass speaker.

Comment by JasonM on 11/05/12 at 09:49 PM

@D_Johnston: Oh, what he’s saying is worse.  Somehow, “betraying” the people in Benghazi is Obama’s secret weapon to getting reelected.  Because Chicago…

Look, it’s Muir.  Today’s strip takes you further into the delusional crazy, if you care to dwelve.

Comment by John Ball on 11/03/12 at 05:54 PM

So, Obama was sent by Satan?
I won’t say where this came from, but long-time Roasters can probably guess who said this(with some bonus anti-Michelle material thrown in for good measure):

And let’s not pretend that it is above Barack Obama to milk this disaster for all that it’s worth. Sometimes, I wonder if there really is a Satan and Obama is his guy. First there was the financial collapse of September 2008 and now this. In both cases, Obama looks like he’s cruisin for a bruisin and then voile! Catastrophe and loss. It’s perfect. Lots of free airtime with Obama hugging displaced elderly ladies in a shelter and distributing packs of White House stamped m&m’s to poor little kiddies missing Halloween. Did Michelle know he was going to do that? Message, “I care”.

Please.

Comment by JasonM on 11/03/12 at 02:57 PM

@John: So wait, there’s no context for that strip? I went back a few days, and there’s nothing. Just Muir saying “Yeah, Obama totally wanted those people in Benghazi to die” and letting it drop, like it’s self-evident.

I need to find a way to promote my books to these people - they’ll buy anything. Is there anything innately conservative about youth trivia competitions?

Comment by D Johnston on 11/02/12 at 02:07 PM

Every now and then, Muir hits levels of insane troll logic most of his fellow right wingers only achieve shortly before they pass out from too much liquor.

This is such a time…

Comment by John Ball on 11/02/12 at 12:22 PM

Um…WHAT?

*head desk*

Comment by domynoe on 11/01/12 at 05:58 PM

Nice photos, JasonM; your wife must be tall!

Comment by StringOnAStick on 10/30/12 at 12:32 PM

Way to go Mrs. JasonM, great photos

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 10/29/12 at 01:38 PM

Mixed suckiness here.

Ms. YAFB was due to fly into NY on Tuesday. For some unfathomable reason the airline has now decided that it doesn’t fancy flying at all that day. Wimps.

Cue hours on the phone to the airline, insurers, impatient mom ...

Comment by YAFB on 10/28/12 at 11:22 AM

Things that suck:
I waited several hours to see Obama speak less than a mile from my house.  I had to leave to get to work (busiest day at work this semester, I couldn’t take the whole day off).  As I biked to work, I saw the motorcade drive by. :(

Things that don’t suck:
My wife got to stay & she took some great photos of the rally, here.

Comment by JasonM on 10/28/12 at 08:56 AM

Enjoy: Forward

(And I am so not normally a Ne-Yo fan.)

Comment by domynoe on 10/27/12 at 06:33 PM

@Lowkey: GOOD GOD YOURSELF, HAPPY HAPPY!

A day late, but I send you a cool cloth for your forehead:

At Rumproast, our commenter Lowkey,
Has imbibed of a potable smokey,
Mmm, peatey, yet smooth,
And delightfully ruth
Less in rhyme, without being too hokey.

Or something to that effect. Cheers, Lowkey!

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 10/26/12 at 01:38 PM

Sports aint all that important in the grand scheme of things, but even non-sports folks can appreciate good friends and it seem this guy Kyle has some good friends

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 10/26/12 at 01:08 PM

Been besieged with work myself. Many Happy Returns, Lowkey!

Comment by YAFB on 10/26/12 at 12:32 PM

My buddy Eyez has a new short film out, give it a look

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 10/26/12 at 10:58 AM

I’ve been at the scotch!

It’s birthday scotch, and I’ve been on a serious lurk because work blah blah blah, but today I had a serendipitous workload, and so I got to pop by my favorite jolly little blog.

The first thing I put any serious thought into today was how to hang with Betty and Mrs. P.‘s limericks.  GOOD GOD, ladies, how do you expect an amateur to hang with you blog goddesses?

Comment by Lowkey on 10/25/12 at 09:23 PM

Just… *head desk*

http://www.newnownext.com/ann-coulter-national-comin g-out-day-disown-your-son-day/10/2012/

Comment by domynoe on 10/21/12 at 02:14 PM

Romney’s tax plan revealed!

Comment by YAFB on 10/16/12 at 01:28 PM

Chinese bluegrass! (from Canada, I think)

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 10/10/12 at 12:30 PM

Oh yeah. An afternoon sanity break’s always welcome (well, any time, really)!

Comment by YAFB on 10/10/12 at 11:53 AM

@Vixen: Post it! Post it!

Less’n you’re worried about tainting the credibility of a blog named Rumproast.  ; - >

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 10/10/12 at 11:34 AM

This collection of Sullivan GIFs from BuzzFeed is hilarious.

Comment by YAFB on 10/09/12 at 06:02 PM

He’s got the beagles, she’s got the box wine.

Comment by Oblomova on 10/09/12 at 05:52 PM

Sullivan is basically Ann Althouse with marginally better grammar, added emo, and no comments section.

Comment by YAFB on 10/09/12 at 03:01 PM

Don’t know if anyone’s seen it yet, but the Wonkette Editor Emeritus takes the blade to Sully over at The Awl.

I am very excited Layne’s writing again.  Hopefully he won’t feel the need to retreat to the mountain again anytime soon.

Comment by Lowkey on 10/09/12 at 11:29 AM

Er I meant this:

Shake it like an Etch a Sketch

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 10/08/12 at 11:37 PM

Uh—not exactly what I’d make a post of, but, this is awesome:

“Shake it Like an Etch-a-Sketch”.

Comment by Vixen Strangely on 10/08/12 at 11:35 PM
Page 3 of 309 pages  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  Last »