Rumper Room

Rumperroom

An endless open thread for registered members of Rumproast.  Newest comments appear at the top (150 per page), so read from the bottom if you need to catch up.

Only registered members can comment in our open forums. Either log-in or register if you'd like to comment.

Here’s a question they will never allow on their site: exactly which Constitutional right is reserved for men only?

Comment by Tom65 on 02/01/09 at 06:39 PM

Finally got around to registering.

Let’s Rump!

Comment by Tom65 on 02/01/09 at 06:33 PM

I are Rumping!

Comment by Ripley on 02/01/09 at 06:31 PM

HTP—“you can’t be a feminist and traditionally attractive.”  And if you shave your legs and/or armpits?  Right out!  The PUMA insanity simply boggles the mind: “letting male preferences guide what you do is sexist, but letting them guide what you don’t do is mandatory.  Also.”  I’m not sure I have the mental stamina to keep up…

Comment by sean on 02/01/09 at 05:59 PM

marindenver—They sure do have serious body image issues.  Yesterday it was about how Campoverdi was a shameful Obotess because she was attractive and flaunted it.

Um. I could be wrong, being an unrepentant Obotophilic wymyn lyncher and all, but it seems they’re arguing that you can’t be a feminist and traditionally attractive. If we follow their logic then they must mean all feminists are ugly. Which I thought was something only sexists said. Apparently the rules have changed.

Comment by Hunger Tallest Palin on 02/01/09 at 05:41 PM

Nikki—That’s just in the morning.  After brunch, they’ll wash all of their cats and help the South rise again.  Also.

And just to add a bit of content to this post: (1) someone should tell their resident PERL hacker about the stray “/a>” in links on the left sidebar; (2) I notice the “give me your moneys” post is no longer permanently on top.  Any guesses how the fundraiser is going?

Comment by sean on 02/01/09 at 04:40 PM

marindenver—They sure do have serious body image issues.  Yesterday it was about how Campoverdi was a shameful Obotess because she was attractive and flaunted it.  Today it’s Nicole Kidman and Gabrielle Anwar pilloried for the crime of physical attractiveness.  Anwar is certainly thin, but anorexic?  Please.  I guess jealousy subtracts 10 pounds.

Comment by sean on 02/01/09 at 04:33 PM

murphy 02.01.09 at 2:24 pm

(...)

So, in addition to re-imagining matriarchy and rewriting our own history, Puma PAC is also making America safe for democracy again and re-igniting citizen activism.

yikes!

Yikes! Sounds about right…

ROFLMAO

Comment by Nikki on 02/01/09 at 02:58 PM

angienc2 has embraced the “patriarchy” theory and now feels she owns it.  And still trying to get her digs in on Ali Campoverdi.

Comment by marindenver on 02/01/09 at 12:46 PM

Shorter angienc2, all women are feminists (even Palin and Nancy Reagan), but I reserve the right to partake in slutshaming when I feel like it.

Alternate shorter: Some women are just sooo clueless and have no idea what they’re doing ... Hey, why is everyone laughing at me?

Comment by Hunger Tallest Palin on 02/01/09 at 11:58 AM

If I could track them down, I’d love to direct the old Spartacist “Wages for Housework” campaigners (I’m sure they’re still around) to The Effluence.

Riverdaughter would never know what had hit her.

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 02/01/09 at 09:29 AM

The poor little guy evolves to breathe air, comes up for a breath, and all that those millennia of evolution get him is a bite in the junk.

myiq redux.

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 02/01/09 at 09:26 AM

Sigh, they NEVER learn.
Stateofdisbelief has written yet another post about feminism on effluence.

Comments include such brilliance as :

angienc2, on February 1st, 2009 at 1:56 am Said:
Fredster — no woman wants to be treated like sh!t — therefore she is a feminist. There are plenty of women who “know not what they do.” They are victims of the patriarchy. I feel I have every right to say their actions are wrong, however, without being told I am “blaming the woman for the patriarchy” because if I don’t say their actions are wrong then they will never be able to be enlightened about how the patriarchy has brainwashed them/used them, etc.

Shorter angienc2, all women are feminists (even Palin and Nancy Reagan), but I reserve the right to partake in slutshaming when I feel like it.

Stateofdisbelief, on February 1st, 2009 at 2:16 am Said:
SHV — too many women were busy calling Hillary a “B**ch” and Sarah a “C**t. to notice we were being thrown under the bus.

So Obama won, big f*cking deal. That does NOT make him a womanhater, idiots.

Also, myiq is still trying to be the victim, they’re going to create an ad informing women the only constitutional right we have is to vote (as opposed to people/persons, who clearly have more rights) and they’re going to revive The Goddess.

I grow weary of their attempts to define feminism, can’t they just go back to bashing Obama and/or everyone that supports him?

Comment by Nikki on 02/01/09 at 09:11 AM

Ouch!  The poor little guy evolves to breathe air, comes up for a breath, and all that those millennia of evolution get him is a bite in the junk.  I’ve seen the part about ravens learning to crack nuts with a crosswalk (sorry, I can’t find it on youtube ATM), but that part was new to me.  Clearly “The Life of Birds” is rich with win.

Comment by sean on 01/31/09 at 09:45 PM

No papyrus swamp is complete without one.

A real grey emininence. Sort of reminds me of Paul Scofield.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/31/09 at 09:24 PM

Mrs. Polly—“...the way shoebills dig for lungfish?!”  Best.  Obscure.  Analogy.  Ever.  And once again, the internets do not disappoint: not only does Wikipedia mention the lungfish, but shoebill.org is well-established.

Comment by sean on 01/31/09 at 08:51 PM

They are eating their own at such an alarming rate I may need to get Bloomberg on it to regulate the consumption of trans fats.

Soylent green is PUMAs!

Comment by Hunger Tallest Palin on 01/31/09 at 08:25 PM

From the Art Deco Studios! How I wish I could hear him this week, but Ice Spiders is on, and I’m enjoying reminiscing about childhood skiing vacations.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/31/09 at 08:17 PM

Ah yes, and also too flyin’ south for the hobnobbin’ with the Republican elite while the people of rural Alaska are starvin’ and freezin’ in the dark has been so pro-lifey of her.

Comment by Allan on 01/31/09 at 06:28 PM

Okay so reading this thread finally got me over to the Confluence, which I try to avoid like the plaque, where I saw this nugget of wisdom from muslim-hating BMW60, talking about Sarah Palin:

“she has not gotten any respect for what she had done as far as I can see, but is judged solely on the fact that she is pro-life and decided to keep her disabled baby instead of aborting it…”

Comment by kcindenver on 01/31/09 at 06:24 PM

murphy 01.31.09 at 1:35 pm

there’s an ongoing argument over the Confluence about what feminism is or isnt and whether or not patriarchy even exists.

http://riverdaughter.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/what-is-f eminism/

hmm.

luckily, here at Puma PAC, we are all in perfect agreement at the same time that we are all perfect feminists. thank god for that.

Stop!  Stop it now! The entertainment must end.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/31/09 at 06:18 PM

For the love of fucking god, would they stop being so entertaining with their EPIC FAILING and INFIGHTING and whatnot?  This was all supposed to end about eight (eighty?) different times already.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/31/09 at 06:14 PM

The civil war heats up with DWP talking about the Confluence after having to go over there and defend bqueen against katiebird and myiq;

DancesWithPumas 01.31.09 at 5:24 pm

bqueen,
  No worries. They seem to have a hermetically sealed gig going on over there. If you want to stay out of moderation there, just keep stroking them… that’s the only thing that seems to work. But, instead of wasting your time, forget about that site… better to stay here and continue actualizing vs spending your time yammering ad nauseum about what shoulda coulda woulda blah blah blah.

Happy Saturday!

Comment by pumawatcher on 01/31/09 at 05:59 PM

We might not even have to wait for myiq’s post!
It seems riverchucky’s enthusiastic moderating of *gasp* real PUMAs has sparked a minor civil war in teh movement!

Also the über-feminist is getting slapped around by Taggles for showing his usual level of stupidity.

taggles, on January 31st, 2009 at 5:21 pm Said: (...)
myiq has completely failed in his quest to become a feminist. He does not want to understand the real issues with the power structures within this country because poor little old he doesn’t feel like he is part of the problem, he thinks he is the victim.

Never thought I’d utter these words but : Go Taggles!

Comment by Nikki on 01/31/09 at 05:38 PM

I went back and read the offending comment that sent RD into hissing spitting overdrive, and it was a completely inoffensive description of Sherri’s own experience. What a nasty piece of work RD is. I don’t know if Brad still lurks, but here’s your intellectual giantess:

I won’t apologize for feeling satisfied with using my brain to do useful things. And the stay-at-homes on *my* street didn’t appear to use their brains for much of anything.

Elitism isn’t just for inadequate black males any more!

The source of my frustration with stay-at-home moms is all over your comment. There is this notion that stay-at-homes “sacrifice” for the sake of their kids and the rest of us don’t. I know, I know, you’re going to say that’s not what you said but it is what you implied.

RD digs for implications the way shoebills dig for lungfish. It must be her experience with riverbottoms. I’m not au courant on the latest feminist theory, but are “stay-at-homes” not going to be part of the New Matriarchy?

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/31/09 at 05:36 PM

riverdaughter, on January 31st, 2009 at 4:04 pm Said:

Sheri- Here’s my point: If you want solidarity with women who work, there is one word you should NEVER utter. Sacrifice.
We are sick to death of that word being used as a cudgel against us. You stayed home. That was your choice. Now, shut up about the “sacrifice”. Sorry to be so terse.

Shorter Riverdaughter:  do. not. contradict. me. on. my. blog.  Ever.

Comment by marindenver on 01/31/09 at 04:12 PM

Why the pumas drive me crazy, reason #8014.  Boston Boomer starts off with a post about feminisim.

Heh, Klowny Boy’s getting bitch-slapped on that thread, too.  And check out Riverchucky’s post where she’s duking it out with a stay-at-home mom (Sheri). They are eating their own at such an alarming rate I may need to get Bloomberg on it to regulate the consumption of trans fats.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/31/09 at 03:54 PM

This is a prime example of why I have to stay away from radicals. Being a radical isn’t about getting anything done (unless you count shouting and pouting). Being a radical is about making up rules, telling everyone they have to follow the rules or they’re out of the club and making up more rules. Then, when some smart ass dares to question the rules and point out that while they’re reciting all the rules no one is doing jack about their supposed reason for gathering they throw a highly amusing temper tantrum and the smart ass has a quiet laugh and goes back to doodling cartoons of the chief rule reciter.

Or, uh ... that’s what a friend tells me.

Comment by Hunger Tallest Palin on 01/31/09 at 02:42 PM

Are you a feminist if you support a politician who can empirically be demonstrated to be a misogynist?

She’s certainly slathering on the logic, isn’t she!

See: John McCain, wife/c*nt remark, ape/rape joke, chelsea joks, anti-ledbetter, anti-choice, etc.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/31/09 at 01:48 PM

And don’t forget:

6. Can you be a feminist and still support a demonstrably misogynistic man over a demonstrably feminist woman for high political office?

That’s right.  It’s all about the lady bits.

I actually did think questions 1. and 5. are deserving of being asked:

1. Are you a feminist if you attack other feminists and say they aren’t ideologically pure enough?

5. If you are a feminist, is it reasonable to attack and tear down men who support equal rights for women simply because they don’t agree with your notion of feminist ideology?

I see this behavior on so-called feminist sites all the time (**ahem**Shakesville**ahem**) which is why I don’t go to most of them anymore.  Or maybe read the posts and tiptoe my way out before I slosh into the comments.

Of course, I think she was sticking up for myiq in the 5th question which pretty much negates its point but I have seen other well meaning guys try to get into the dialog at Shakesville and get shredded to pieces by the “true feminists” over there.

Comment by marindenver on 01/31/09 at 01:48 PM

Why the pumas drive me crazy, reason #8014.  Boston Boomer starts off with a post about feminisim.  I thinks to myself: “hey this could be productive.  Mebbe the pumas are moving away from the hate and using their party of 18 million to create a better world.”

BB even mentions this from the Encyclopedia of Philosophy: “So, for example, it makes sense to ask whether Plato was a feminist, given his view that women should be trained to rule (Republic, Book V), even though he was an exception in his historical context.”

As we learn from the Symposium, Socrates’ teacher was a woman named Diotima.  So Socrates/Plato would certainly be a way to talk about the relationship between women and politics in the West.

Then, I get to the questions BB has for discussion:

2. Are you a feminist if you support a politician who can empirically be demonstrated to be a misogynist?
3. Are you a feminist if you claim a demonstrably misogynistic man is a feminist?
4. Are you a feminist if you attack and lie about female politicians who don’t share your particular ideology?

The point seems to be that unless you hate Obama and support Hillary/Palin you can’t consider yourself a feminist.

They’re nuts.

Comment by AltHippo on 01/31/09 at 01:28 PM

Kevin—he really is a glutton for punishment, isn’t he. I love the disclaimer he put underneath his post last time.

Sorry bout that, myiq, but if your gonna keep posting about feminism (you hypocritical asshole), I’m gonna keep posting about your “lame jokes”.

God but that thing infuriates me.

Comment by Nikki on 01/31/09 at 11:21 AM

yetanother… I had to turn off the image option because anything wider than 480 px knocks the right sidebar down to the bottom of the page. I’m working on redoing the layout, so maybe I can put it back later.

Allan, I’m the resident PERL haxxer.  I’ll look into a “new” flag.  I’m going to add a few other things, too.

Nikki, little ol’ me?  Never!

And start making the popcorn. Something tells me this may be his biggest FAIL ever and, as you know, that’s saying a lot…

myiq2xu, on January 31st, 2009 at 12:27 am Said:

SOD:

My next post is about feminism and the patriarchy. It’s titled “Feminist Hypocrisy”

I was just trying to figure out the best time to post it to achieve maximum apoplexy.

Make sure you check out all of the “misandry” he’s enduring at Reclusive Leftist if you haven’t already.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/31/09 at 09:08 AM

Or maybe not. It showed up earlier.

Weird.

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 08:49 PM

Wow! We can do pics in here?!

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 08:34 PM

I’ve not been able to find it myself (if there’s a harder site than Amazon to navigate, I’ve yet to find it), but pumarubbernecker reckons this is a screenshot:

http://stupidpumas.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/aod-tags.jpg

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 08:34 PM

That’s funny!  I didn’t see “lobotomy”, just “delusion” and “epic fail”.

Comment by marindenver on 01/30/09 at 07:52 PM

Ok I’ve registered for the sole purpose of not hijacking a thread for this. 

Kevin K., was that you tagging The Audacity of Democracy with lobotomy on Amazon.com?

Dies laughing.

Comment by Nikki on 01/30/09 at 06:33 PM

Kevin, a special members-only VIP room is just the coolest thing you have ever done for us.

Now, I am curious about one more special feature that could be available to the hip, “in” crowd who takes the incredibly exclusive VIP step of registering.

Many blogs have a “New” feature that flags comments that have been posted since the last time you viewed a thread, and it’s a really helpful way to know in a flash whether there’s any juicy new nuggets o’snark downthread, and where you left off last time before you blacked out in a pool of your own vomit and stopped reading comments.

Is that something your IT guru Perl Haxxer might be able to whip up for us someday?  I know she’s a busy gal what with rigging all the voting machines and building androids to flood caucuses and all…

Comment by Allan on 01/30/09 at 03:21 PM

Actually, it looks like some of the PUMAs may be sensitive to accusations that they stroke Jenni for money and brimstone like aphids stroking ant larvae, and may actually try to get her to moderate herself. That would be an excellent thing.
And ant larvae are really not bad-looking at all, so don’t take it personally, lurkers.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/30/09 at 02:45 PM

Sorry to butt in, I just had to register with something called Rumper Room. Ya’ll are some cheeky monkeys.

As you were.

So to speak.

Comment by Hunger Tallest Palin on 01/30/09 at 02:22 PM

jenniforhillary 01.30.09 at 11:49 am

For the record, Ms. Gillibrand did NOT get back to me on whether she supports Mr. Obama or his agenda….so I cannot support her…yet.

I will NOT vote for or support any candidate who does not tell me in writing that she/he does not and will not support this sack of shit. period. ever.

What is jenni going to “support” Gillibrand for?  Does she not understand that Texans don’t elect senators in New York?  Does she not understand that Gillibrand could care less whether a lunatic PUMA from Texas demands that she recant any and all support of Obama and his policies?

These are purely rhetorical questions of course.  We’re talking about jenniforhillary here.

Comment by marindenver on 01/30/09 at 02:16 PM

Well, props to bqueen for trying. I suspect we know the answer, though.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/30/09 at 01:48 PM

Uh oh, I guess someone wasn’t informed that the $2500 checks from jenni’s mom and her friends were keeping the the Bad Ship PUMA Pac afloat:

bqueen 01.30.09 at 1:17 pm

Jen #28

May Ms. Powers get the full ass whupping she deserves… I almost have to laugh at someone who supports this sack of shit…

Jen, regardless what you think of Powers, well…
  can you vent and make your case with facts rather than violent fantasies and name calling?

Jenni’s “violent fantasies”?  Hmmmmm, who’s pointed those out before?

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/30/09 at 01:42 PM

Well, if withdrawal’s your problem, it’s all kicking off at Stupidpumas at the moment after pumarubbernecker posted at the Effluence and called sm77 a “birther.”

Hilariously, they took umbrage at this as a slur on her reproductive abilities and angienc and a couple of others invaded Stupidpumas and started lashing out at anything that moved.

At least they’re starting early this time. I don’t think I can take another all-nighter at the moment.

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 01:33 PM

Finally! I was starting to suffer from withdrawal:

jenniforhillary 01.30.09 at 11:47 am

Think about it Pumas…

Samantha THE FILTHY OBOT will be on BO’s Team…this is the a-hole who called Hillary a ‘monster.’ UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE….but wait, I forgot, we are living in surreality where scum rises to the top and good people get kicked to the curb.

May Ms. Powers get the full ass whupping she deserves, and may the road rise up and greet her with the same lack of love she showed Hillary. I almost have to laugh at someone who supports this sack of shit calling someone else a monster. However, it strikes me as more sad than funny. Sort of sums up his whole stinking white male privileged lying sack of shit administration….

Pumas–America’s last stand against Socialism led by King Iwillfuckyouhard and the Democraps backed up by the Republiblowhardswehavealreadyfilledupourpockets andnowearejustwatchingandwaitinglikenumbnuts

WAKE UP AMERICA…please god wake up

jenniforhillary 01.30.09 at 11:49 am

For the record, Ms. Gillibrand did NOT get back to me on whether she supports Mr. Obama or his agenda….so I cannot support her…yet.

I will NOT vote for or support any candidate who does not tell me in writing that she/he does not and will not support this sack of shit. period. ever.

That is some first-class crazy.  I wish I knew someone in Gillibrand’s office.  I’d love to see the email she sent.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/30/09 at 01:06 PM

It can’t be easy being related to myiq2xu, let alone having to give him space in your blog’s basement.

YAFB, would you want to be the one to tell him you don’t want him on your blog anymore? Not only does she have to endure his Gaceyphilia and whininess, but he probably has blackmail material from her teenage years that would be spread across the known world in nanoseconds.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/30/09 at 11:55 AM

After the first debate, it was, “well, his penis didn’t fall off, so they’ll say he won.”

Well, I’m certain I’m detecting a recent decline in her hitherto ridiculously overrated scribblings (Joseph Cannon and she should get a room), but even back then she missed the obvious, “At least he didn’t say, ‘Excuse me while I whip this out.’”

It can’t be easy being related to myiq2xu, let alone having to give him space in your blog’s basement.

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 11:41 AM

The fabulously intellectual RD cannot stop thinking about Obama’s goldberries. After the first debate, it was, “well, his penis didn’t fall off, so they’ll say he won.”

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/30/09 at 11:11 AM

The funny thing is I remember reading similar things from wingnuts after Bill Clinton posed for that Esquire cover.

Did they over-starch his necktie?

Oh. Nevermind. At least he wasn’t wearing a basque (well, not in that shot anyway).

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 10:57 AM

That’s as close as Obama can come to crossing his legs.  Michelle is one lucky bitch.  She gets to enslave all the white people AND get good lovin.

Comment by Allan on 01/30/09 at 10:09 AM

The funny thing is I remember reading similar things from wingnuts after Bill Clinton posed for that Esquire cover.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/30/09 at 10:00 AM

You can just tell she’s so hot for him.

*urp*

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/30/09 at 09:56 AM

You can just tell she’s so hot for him.

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 09:19 AM

Riverchucky, talking about this picture:

So, in the picture, he’s sitting with his legs spread like he’s practicing for some cheerleader split, junk dangling over the edge of the chair.  I’m sorry but he just looks stupid.

This is one of the “adults” (PENIS!) who all of us Obots disrespected by not backing THEIR CHOICE. (insert temper tantrum here)

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/30/09 at 09:06 AM

I need a globe.

A new brain might help also.

Oh, and Doctor Oily Taint Esq. says that Obama won by promising America ice cream.

Where’s my fucking ice cream, Obama?

Comment by Allan on 01/30/09 at 01:46 AM

Hey “FelineFailureSyndrome” is it possible that the DailyPUMA has finally abandoned her post guarding the Will Bower Newsweek comments thread?  Nice job, BTW.  Kitty tells me you were “the cat’s meow.”

Comment by Allan on 01/30/09 at 01:34 AM

As a break from the PUMA kind of stupid, I went over to Yes To Democracy and got a snippet of Birther stupid, regarding Stanley Ann and her little bundle of fraudulence:

They could go wherever they wanted. And they did. Where would one arrive from Africa through Quebec in USA ? Also check coming from Australia. I need a globe.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/30/09 at 12:40 AM

Oh, and I enjoyed this!

Cat Ass Trophies?

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 12:09 AM

The third option is most coolest, I think. Obama might look like the stocky puma carrier if he were on a larger planet and g-forces compressed him, but it’s a little unsettling seeing him that way.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/30/09 at 12:07 AM

Final stab - Kevin and Marin’s Laugh-In

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/30/09 at 12:00 AM

My vote would go to the third there, Lawnguylander!

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/29/09 at 11:58 PM

And, as food for thought, a few snippets about the puma (from Wikipedia, but what the hey).

* Pumas cannot roar - their vocalizations consist of “low-pitched hisses, growls, and purrs, as well as chirps and whistles,” but “They are well known for their screams”

* Hunting - “Though capable of sprinting, the cougar is typically an ambush predator.”

* Mating habits - “Females are sometimes reported as monogamous, but this is uncertain and polygyny may be more common. Copulation is brief but frequent.”

* Social life - “the cougar is a solitary animal. Only mothers and kittens live in groups, with adults meeting only to mate. It is secretive and crepuscular, being most active around dawn and dusk.” (See The Effluence.) “Scrape marks, urine, and feces are used to mark territory and attract mates.”

* Puma males - “Males may scrape together a small pile of leaves and grasses and then urinate on it as a way of marking territory.” “Because males disperse further than females and compete more directly for mates and territory, they are most likely to be involved in conflict.” “When males encounter each other, they hiss and spit, and may engage in violent conflict if neither backs down.”

* Encounter strategies - “As with many predators, a cougar may attack if cornered, if a fleeing human stimulates their instinct to chase, or if a person ‘plays dead’. Exaggerating the threat to the animal through intense eye contact, loud but calm shouting, and any other action to appear larger and more menacing, may make the animal retreat. Fighting back with sticks and rocks, or even bare hands, is often effective in persuading an attacking cougar to disengage.”

* Outlook - “Conservation threats to the species include persecution as a pest animal, degradation and fragmentation of their habitat, and depletion of their prey base.”

* Trivia note - “A pumapard is a hybrid animal resulting from a union between a cougar and a leopard.”

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/29/09 at 11:54 PM

I’m still a ham-fisted photoshopper but this is a little better.  Here’s another optionAnd another which would need more work.

Comment by Lawnguylander on 01/29/09 at 11:26 PM

Just throwing these out there to try to get us away from PUMA in the name (waits for dull thud ...):

Roar Stump (anag.)

Mice At Play

Stalk and Laugh

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/29/09 at 11:25 PM

Fun fact: Rumproast has been getting a lot of hits on this post, mostly via web mail, from Boston where Jon Favreau is from. I hope they know I was joking.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/29/09 at 09:14 PM

Have you asked Will to be your friend yet?

I think I’ll take a pass on that.  Then again, I think he would, too.

Lawnguylander, it’s a winner.  I’ll use that for sure. I’ll get a list of options together and we’ll have an informal vote in here for a name.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/29/09 at 04:41 PM

One thing’s for sure, though.  This is going to be the pic at the top of the forum.

Alternative humbly submitted.  Very humbly since it’s a rush job but I can do a better job tonight if you like the idea.

Comment by Lawnguylander on 01/29/09 at 04:30 PM

Have you asked Will to be your friend yet?

Comment by marindenver on 01/29/09 at 04:06 PM

Reasons I have avoided getting a Facebook acct #118:

Tommy is now friends with Valerie Duty Citrano, Kevin Rumproast and Will Bower.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/29/09 at 03:44 PM

One thing’s for sure, though.  This is going to be the pic at the top of the forum.

NICE!

Comment by pumawatcher on 01/29/09 at 03:05 PM

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/29/09 at 02:18 PM

Love all of the suggestions. I’m leaning toward not mentioning PUMA in the name so it’ll be like a secret club.

And AltHippo, I saw that post yesterday before the comments rolled in.  Jeebus, that gave me a brain cramp, right down to the person who has a quote from the insufferable blowhard Sterling Newberry as their sig. Two additional observations:

1) I wish bugfucker would just get it over with and blow Greenwald already.

2) I really enjoyed how Caro nominated her own blog and everyone ignored her.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/29/09 at 02:16 PM

That symbol is going to be put to a lot of use, but I have to say Pumatown gets my vote. Or the full “Jake, It’s Pumatown”. I don’t know.

Another one of Strange’s throw-aways that killed me was his collective noun:

A clench of Pumas

I am repeating that any and every chance I get and hoping it becomes common usage.

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/29/09 at 01:50 PM

Pumatown is good.

Or we could go with the universal symbol for a cat’s asshole:

(::)

Oh, and from Murphy:

CALL CONGRESS NOW!!

Call your Representative.

If they voted against H.R.1, thank them for their vote.

If they supported the Stimulus Swindle tell them you WON’T BE VOTING FOR THEM IN NOVEMBER.

After they finish laughing, they’ll politely remind you that they won’t be on the ballot in November 2009 because they are elected to two year terms…

Comment by Allan on 01/29/09 at 01:10 PM

Just caught a bit of Blago’s closing statement in his impeachment trial (guess he decided to show up for awhile).  The gist of it seemed to be that he’d done a lot worse stuff his first term and they hadn’t impeached him then, in fact he even got re-elected, so they had their nerve trying to impeach him now.  Apparently he doesn’t get the “last straw” concept or he is even crazier than I thought he was.

Comment by marindenver on 01/29/09 at 12:39 PM

why is everything bass ackwards, comment box on top not bottom and reading comments from the bottom up!it’s driving me puma, ummm I mean crazy!! lol…

other than that I love it!

Comment by pumawatcher on 01/29/09 at 11:27 AM

I see that PB 2.0 is giving itself awards today:

I think that Riverdaughter deserves some kind of special citation—The Confluence played a key role in establishing that there was a counter-narrative to that provided by the fauxgressive blogosphere (and the corporate media.) Her willingness to abandon her comfortable, high status position at Big Orange in pursuit of the truth should be given some kind of “profile in courage” award.

I guess you could say that riverchuckles provided a counter-narrative in the same sense that Jonah Goldberg provides a counter-narrative.

Perhaps there should be an award for the most flagrant use of rhetorical fallacy.

Comment by AltHippo on 01/29/09 at 10:57 AM

Allan, I think they actually have something like that. Litter Box is also out there in the Pumasphere.  12:10 to PUMA?

Or, from one of the zillion memorable Strange comments: “Jake, it’s Pumatown.”

That one caused me to nearly collapse laughing, with repeat attacks at inappropriate times throughout the rest of the day. What more efficient way to encapsulate the hopelessness of grasping their lunacy?

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/29/09 at 09:14 AM

The Scratching Post?

Comment by Allan on 01/29/09 at 03:21 AM

Pumathon? Opacity of Pumocracy? Pumarama?
Cat Ass Trophies?

Help me out here. It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Pumidity? Hissing Contest? The Sisters Grim?

Comment by Mrs. Polly on 01/29/09 at 02:05 AM

scooter-bot
reporting for duty

Comment by scooter on 01/29/09 at 01:55 AM

This is cool, thanks for the new playground, Kevin, you’re the best dad ever.

Comment by Allan on 01/29/09 at 01:09 AM

Why is antifish picking on me over at stupid pumas? doesn’t she have a prowl to do or something?

Comment by pumawatcher on 01/29/09 at 12:58 AM

“An endless open thread,” eh? Does that mean we can never leave?

Comment by yetanotherfreakingbrit on 01/28/09 at 11:45 PM

Works fine for me…

Comment by rickD on 01/28/09 at 08:41 PM

Where am I?  I only know one fan of the Cardinals and I’m getting a weird Cardinal fan vibe in here.  I feel funny…

Comment by rickD on 01/28/09 at 08:24 PM

I like RumperRoom by the way.  Has that slightly sophomoric edge to it.

That’s what they pay me the big bucks for.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/28/09 at 08:12 PM

You can read the comments, but you can’t add a comment. You can logoff to see what it looks like.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/28/09 at 08:06 PM

So if you’re not registered it doesn’t let you on?  I like RumperRoom by the way.  Has that slightly sophomoric edge to it.

Comment by marindenver on 01/28/09 at 08:03 PM

BTW, we can also set up one of these dedicated solely to pointing and laughing at the you-know-whos, but I need a good name for it first. 

You know, one as good as Rumper Room.

/chortle

Suggestions welcome.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/28/09 at 07:48 PM

Welcome to the soft launch.

Comment by Kevin K. on 01/28/09 at 07:45 PM
Page 309 of 309 pages « First  <  307 308 309