Democratic Convention Open Thread—Thursday

It’s been a pretty great convention so far, right? Here’s your last DNC open thread.  Get your ROAR on. Be wonderful to each other.

Posted by Kevin K. on 08/28/08 at 06:08 AM • Permalink

Categories: NewsPoliticsBarack ObamaJoe BidenElection '08PoliblogsPUMAs

From PUMA PAC:

Our plans include:

Targeting the swing states mentioned by a commenter in an earlier thread: Virginia, New Hampshire, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, and Penssylvania [sic].

Reaching out to those voters through phone calls and mailings to let them know they can still be GOOD DEMOCRATS and not vote for Obama.

We will begin tomorrow.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please let them call me!

From PUMA PAC (not sure what Bill she’s talking about):

leelasavage on 08.27.08 at 11:20 pm

My response to Bill:

Below you will find your mailing list unsubscribe confirmation code.
  Please copy this code into the form in your web browser to fully unsubscribe from the official DNC mailing list.

Confirmation Code: 2150

First act of rebellion - deny the enemy access to my mind.

“First act of rebellion - deny the enemy access to my mind.” I fucking love that.

From PUMA PAC:

Taffy on 08.27.08 at 11:41 pm

I met one lady here in denver who brought along a suggestion from her husband (sorry I don’t remember whom :( ) Women carry a roll of susan b anthony dollars. leave as tips with the message women’s voices have power! Sorry male pumas…guess you need to still leave george behind :D

I’m tempted to go in there under an alias and tell them what they should do is tip waitresses in pennies to express how worthless the primaries and the roll call vote were. How much you want to bet a few of them would think that’s a great idea?

I guess I’ve noticed this a long time ago, but PUMAs really do believe anything they read on the internet. It just seems out of control this week. They’re hanging off of every bullshit comment they read.

1vote on 08.27.08 at 11:54 pm

I’m not sure how many people here actually blogs to those obama sites. I think we need to fight fire with fire for a change and reach out to those koolaid drinkers with some respect verse to the way they have abuse their privileges in ours. You can’t win everyone but you can win some. Secluding ourselves within our environment doesn’t requires any approval, we need to step out and bring the challenge to them.

If there is a god…

Kevin, are you sure you’re ready?

How much you want to bet a few of them would think that’s a great idea?

I think they’d pounce. I also think Denver-area servers would start hocking loogies onto the entrees of anyone wearing a “Nobama” button once word got around. I used to be a very incompetent server. We were a vengeful lot.

Severe comment reply disconnect and the weirdest LOL ever:

mzebest on 08.28.08 at 12:02 am

#1148 DiscoPuma

“#1114 I AGREE We need a new party.. How about “The Womens Party” They have this in Iceland. Everyone is part of it. Obama is no progressive– on the contrary, he is conservative.”

~~~~~~~~
I posted this downstairs and want to get it off my chest upstairs too. I have to comment since I feel a need to set the record straight. I’m getting a little tired of Obama being defined as a “progressive” or even as a “liberal.” He is not a progressive (for whatever the h*ll that is supposed to imply)… nor is he a conservative… nor is he a liberal. Obama is a radical and more specifically a marxist. A Black Liberation Theologist Marxist which is even more radical than a regular marxist (if there is such a thing as a more radical marxist). LOL!

New explanation from Pumapac for Senator Clinton and President Clinton supporting Obama! Chelsea was threatened!

#349 mccaindemo on 08.28.08 at 7:01 am
[snip]
The hypocrisy is astounding. Two former President standing silent is almost treasonous. I think there is no excuse and feel they have both dishonored the Constitution and our way of life. President Clinton singing the praises of the “chicago thug” as he called him will never be forgotten. Hillary Clinton should have stood firm also, my respect for her is gone. The only possible reason I will accept is if their daughter was threatened and I wouldn’t put it past the BO crowd. The Clintons should have done something, especially Bill.

more specifically a marxist

Yeah, but is he a registered Marxist?

PUMAs Give Cougars a Bad Name: Obama is a “Registered Muslim”

Kevin, are you sure you’re ready?

For a PUMA invasion? It’s fairly obvious I’ve been begging for one, hasn’t it? I think everyone else here has, too. More playthings, please.

The latest from Riverchucky:

Oh, did I mention we broke a site record today?  Yep, doubled our traffic.

Do you think she has even the slightest inkling that tons of people were going to the Confluence to get their rocks off watching the PUMAs’ heads explode?

Well, the “standard” for readiness is John McCain ... thought maybe you should do a gut check, before you, like, get scratched on the arm or something. Little PUMA kittenz can be really fierce. meow.

I guess I shouldn’t have expected anything different from someone named Froma Harrop. What a steaming pile of one-sided, inaccurate crap.  For starters, I’m pretty sure Murphy never commented/wrote diaries at Daily Kos.

First act of rebellion - deny the enemy access to my mind.

If by enemy she means herself, well then mission accomplished.

Be wonderful to each other

*gag*

What a bunch of fuckadoodles!  “We still matter!  Pay attention to us!”  PUMAs can bite my shiny metal ass.

I watched Hillary’s, Bill’s, Kerry’s and Biden’s speeches back to back online last night and wow - just fucking WOW!  For the first time in a long time, I actually felt… not just possibility, not just hope but - I don’t know, optimism, I guess.  Inspired, maybe.

I feel that we might actually have a chance to save this nation and stop screwing the world.  We might be able to do something that’s good, instead of shoveling money to the lucky few and waving our collective dick in everyone’s face.

Tonight, I’ll be able to watch Obama’s speech as it happens, and I gotta tell ya - I am fucking psyched about it!  We’re standing in front of a door that leads to something greater than party issues, red and blue states, and the business of politics.  I can feel it and I’m excited about it - and I can’t wait for Obama and Biden to throw open that door and yell “Here we come, America!  Let’s make the World a better place!”

Anybody know why California passed during the roll call?

I told a friend yesterday that there comes a point where antagonizing the Powerless Pussy Posse just begins feeling like the wrong thing to do—like making fun of the developmentally disabled girl on the back of the school bus.

But then I remembered that the developmentally disabled girl didn’t regularly pollute the world with racist xenophobic bullshit, and then I’m perfectly okay with the PUMA poking.

Boy, they sure turned on their idol Hillary quickly enough, didn’t they?

And I’m sorry, but I’m not giving a dime to the HRC campaign debt relief movement until Mark Penn says he’s writing off his portion of it. I don’t mind helping small vendors get square, but I’ll be damned if I’ll help that piece of puke get paid for his filth.

Reading their blog comments gives me
insight into Jonestown.

Here is a little gem I found while perusing a Hillary 2012 page..lol

Wow I’m scared.. but at least u have made the right decision to vote 4r McCain..Only because then she will have a chance to win later. Obama & Clinton are both liars Basically turning the race into a popularity contest A woman President or a Black man. Hillary shame on you. You claimed to be a Christian only when you think it will get you a vote. How twisted ur husband morally corrupt, Then u were going to back Obama he did not want you. The Dem. Party scares the hell out of me. They are calling Obama a Celebrity, don’t you ppl; think something is wrong.. And it’s damn scary when u see the 18 yr. old kids that are aloud to vote with the mantaletiy of a 10 yr. old
I pray god has his hands over are nation because if Obama wins we are going to to need all the help we can get and the same would be true if Hillary was still in the race for this election. Why did i leave this comment bcuz she leaves me e-mails that i did not ask 4r. Clinton family has got a way with muder!!

I posted to that Riverchucky place yesterday, because I seriously just found it mindboggling and wanted to recommend Abilify(TM) for their moodswings. Check out this response:

Hillary wore orange as a protest….it’s a Dis….You know how in Ireland, on Saint Patty’s day, the Catholics wear Green? And then the Protestants wear Orange?

Orange is a protest. Know your history.

Would the PUMA team make up their mind what orange means? And is Hillary Irish-Protestant? Because I thought she was expressing solidarity with Ukrainians before, and now I come to find out she could give a flip about Eastern Europe. B1tch.

Anybody know why California passed during the roll call?

I believe it was so they wouldn’t go over the needed delegate votes (2000 something) for Obama before they got to New York State and Hillary.  Then Hillary could do that ascension (sp?) thing. I believe Illinois and New Jersey did the same.

Can’t say I can argue with that. If Penn wrote it off, I could see the rest of Hillary’s debt and maybe even her personal debt, being wiped out fairly quickly after both her and Bill’s contributions to the convention.

Take one for Hillary, Penn, you slovenly fuck.

Reading their blog comments gives me insight into Jonestown.

You’re not accusing them of being Kool-Aid drinkers, are you?  Because that would be tasteless.

The adullts has spokinn.

Know your history.

I don’t know how y’all wade into the pumanets without having a coronary! they justmake my blood boil (especially those who claim to be liberal and feminists!) agghh!

ps I love this “tip” about the orange being one of the broncos colors - duh bitches!

Comment by missmira on 08/28/08 at 10:12 AM

From the latest post from garychappedass at The Confluence:

We are also very interested in exploring some of the Native American culture in SD, and possibly find out how we can make the PUMA our totem or spirit guide.

It’s really getting impossible to parody these dunderheads.

...find out how we can make the PUMA our totem or spirit guide.

I recommend that they proceed to the nearest zoo, scale the fence of the big cats enclosure and ask a real puma in person. I hear they’re more forthcoming if you line your pockets with Tender Vittles.

Dear South Dakota,

We would like to make your mountain lion our mascot.  Do you know any Indians we can talk to?  Please send us a guide on South Dakota mascots or have one of your Indians call us.

Roar!
Gary, prowd member of PUMA

Betty, I imagine garychappedass and maaaaaaaaawm would honestly believe that it would go down like this.

Hey Dances with PUMAs, stay the fuck out of my home state.

Folks, I think we may have a winner for the craziest PUMA post from yesterday: Geraldine Ferraro’s acceptance speech to be Hillary’s VP, replete with a heart graphic with two pics of Ferraro in it.

I fucking love these people.

Geraldine Ferraro’s acceptance speech to be Hillary’s VP, replete with a heart graphic with to pics of Ferraro in it.

The only thing missing is pictures of French Clowns and Wolves in the snow.

and Unicorns. Lots of Unicorns.

...and for those of you who haven’t had a chance to check out the puma pac blog, Murphy has all but admitted that they are nothing more than an anti-Obama swift-boating 527 group.

Here is my favorite part:

And I am proud to run with a woman who will be one of the great Presidents of this century, Hillary Rodham Clinton

(emphasis mine)

Let’s see that would be between G.W. Bush and whoever is the next President.  Stiff fucking competition.

What is today’s schedule- need to know if I have to take some unexpected sick leave at the middle of the day.

I fucking love these people.

If I hadn’t seen that “just say no deal” badge, I would have sworn that was a joke.

If they need Native Americans, please have them call me. We have two major and three minor tribes up here in paradise and I am sure that the PUMAS would find a warm reception. I mean, who better to discuss the gross injustices put forth through political means? Yup, they’d be welcomed all right.

Oh, and for the idiot who claims orange is the color of protest in Ireland? May I make a suggestion you caterwauling twit and just use teh google?

Orange is the color of the goddamned ruling class. Ya see, shitbird, William of Orange, or as he’s known to the monsters who bang their lambeg drums every unholy July 12th, Bonnie Prince Billy who led the fucking Prods to victory at a little place called Derry, leading to more opression, more starvation and more degradation for the Irish.

Ya see? Now I went and let them get to me….

Hi, everyone!

Before I found this site, I felt that I was all by myself, watching the Conestoga wagon of Democracy plunge—driverless and ablaze with Comanche fire-arrows—off the Red Bluff of Indifference and crash into a Monument Valley of Sculpted Sandstone Despair.

Then I came to rumproast and I discovered such a sense of community and purpose as I have never known. I have yearned for a place like rumproast, ever since the day I first realized that I am so keening and unattractive that not even my own father would date me!

These have been exciting days, and every moment has been filled with the sense that I was, in a very real but imaginary way, helping to change the world. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

However, the shocking events of yesterday and the brutal, emotional kneecapping of PUMA have left me as gutted and hollow as both of the “Punisher” movies. I feel like Harriet Christiansen at a fertility clinic. I am adrift, and unsure.

I want to believe that Murphy has a plan—that she knows things I don’t, that PUMA will re-emerge stronger and more focused than ever, and that the cry of PUMA HAKA! will once again reverberate across the Web, summoning PUMAs of all stripes (and even just the plain, tawny ones) to the Morlock Eloi Buffet of one-sided Internet combat.

For the moment, though, I feel cheated by a movement that once promised me easy, full-time troll work, and a Terminator-like enemy against which I was free to unleash the Snark of Greyskull and the Stanley 12-in-One Mini Pocket Lathe of Heaven.

Ugh. In the words of Andre Toulon, “I will be with you always, Puppet Master.” But for now, I need some time to think, and heal.

Perhaps I will start a hemp garden, or a journal. Perhaps I will vote for McCain, just to ensure the persistence of evil for me to fight against.

God bless you all, and God bless rumproast. I need some chocolate.

(H/T to PUMApac for the “Departing Opus” template. It’s rather cathartic! I can see why they’re all doing it.)

Remember the autoharp player in this video?
http://www.rumproast.com/index.php/site/comments/pumapa looza_part_1_the_video/

Well, she’s seen the writing on the wall and has come around to support Obama.
She’ll be playing a new version of her song tonight with revised lyrics:

We’re moving Barry from the hill to
Barry in the house
He’s never quiet as a mouse
On his way to the White House

Best.Song.Ever.

Comment by JasonM on 08/28/08 at 12:08 PM

from blog.pumapac.org

PUMA PAC IS PROTESTING THE ELECTION. WE WILL NOT SUPPORT THE SELECTED DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE. THERE IS NO WAY THE DEMOCRATS CAN WIN IN NOVEMBER WITHOUT US, AND WE ARE NOT GOING WITH THEM.

wow, so we cant win without the 100 or so lunatics that escaped from the asylum? What a bunch of narcissistic whores!

from bitterpoliticz in the Ferro acceptance thread

“on rumproast dot com this post was given the award for PUMA post of the day.

That is high praise considering how many were had been nominated there”

Damn. Isn’t anyone going to beg me to come back?

Isn’t that the whole point of writing an Opus?

Farts.

” If anyone is familiar with the peoples and cultures we might encounter, please leave a us a comment.”

Oh god, what I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the dashboard of Gary and Mawmy’s RV to see what kind of a reaction they would get from any of these wild and free “peoples and cultures” they might encounter.  “Sure we can help you make the puma your totem or spirit guide. We sell lots of those in the gift shops at our casinos.  Come right on in - slot machines just over there, by the way.”

Strange:

I think it is between you and your conscious and your MORALITY

I for one am voting for 3 veg in protest not only against the ONC, but also to show the MSM and sexist pigs like Matthews and Olbercrap that they don’t dictate my vote.

I stand in awe of how hard you worked and how much of their soul they put into putting this all together for everyone to be involved. I do not have all my thoughts together yet of everthing that transpired during this week. It was like a roller coaster ride, one minute we were up and seconds later we were coming down. I do know that it was an amazing experience

I just want to say…we still need to stick together, our work is only beginning. Now we are known, worldwide. No matter the outcome…We..The RUMPROAST made a difference, and people love us.

I see no reason for anyone to jump on you. Quite the opposite. I think you’re raising absolutely crucial issues. I, for one, agree. If we are to grow, we have to be credible, which means having reliable facts, not self-righteous emotional outbursts. I think the blog serves many purposes, though, and one if to find support among like-minded people. But, your point is very well taken, at least by me. And, I had a lot of personal experiences with fantastic people that didn’t want to join the blog because the discourse just didn’t feel like a place they wanted to be - too much like a self-congratulatory clique. So, I hope we can balance patting each other on the back, cheering each other on, and supporting each other with serious disucussions and work that reflects truth, including truth that may not suit our liking. (Now, maybe I’ll take the heat for this post!)

I for one will be actively campaigning for 3 Veg, I have already signed up and been in contact with the right people.
Whether or not I do this under the umbrella of RUMPROAST is up to RUMPROAST . But I wholeheartedly believe the only way to defeatbaby back ribs. is to make sure 3 Veg wins.

But I also have the right and the obligation to do what I think is best for my life and my Country and I will be doing that.
I became a Roast on June first somewhere between Gretawire and The Confluence, I joined RUMPROAST a couple of days later. I am a Rump and I will be aRoasted for life. I will continue to work for our goals because they are extremely important, but my second goal is equally important and that is to make sure baby back ribs. looses this election.

I’m in for whatever you need me to do, just steer me in the direction and I’ll do my very best. The way to change is to work hard and be heard! It’s time not only for the DNC to hear the Rumps trumpet but everyone else and we can toot the loudest by bringing any/all info to light that we can find with proof to back it up.

In reference to my earlier post, I faxed the Secretary of State of Ohio earlier this week. Haven’t heard a peep. I know they are in Denver but buddy when she comes back I WANT ANSWERS!

That fake roll call was just to embarrass our girl one more time. That evil looking mo looked like she would like to kill our boy and our girl
Cats don’t forget,and they do not forgive. I knew when they “selected” bo that I would vote for John McCain.

A no vote or a write in or a vote for a third party is still a vote for bbr. That man will never be president. Never.

I don’t have to believe in the Republican Party. All I have to do is compare the two men. That is such an easy choice.

I am still broken hearted about what they did to our guysl. I told my husband that they probably had a gun pointed at him to make sure he said what they told him to.

I will continue to fight, but right now I have to have time to heal..

She is my choice.. always will be. You are a shining star, and a great example for all women - young and old.

For me, I am absolutely sick that a lot of this argument of electing BBR is about the vindication of the black community. I did not ask to be part of the black community’s passion to vindicate their past. I do not care to elect a bbqed president just to say that we atoned for our past. I am not part of the past - I am part of the future…. and I will not cast my vote for Baby Back Ribs because he is not worth my vote. I will cast my vote for 3 Veg who has some semblance of decency and love of country.

Nothing about Baby Back Ribs is decent and he with his family clearly has issues about being citizens of America.

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

1. Open a new file in your computer.

2. Name it ‘Baby Back Ribs’.

3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Your PC will ask you: ‘Do you really want to get rid of ‘BBaby Back Rib?’

6. Firmly Click ‘Yes.’

7. Feel better?

GOOD - Tomorrow we’ll do Tube Steaksi!

Prepare for future elections. (We need to note who stood for Hillary and vote accordingly.)

Continue to advance Rumproast as a force.

Engage folks outside the cyberworld. There are many Rumps out there.

They want us to believe that China and Russia are our enemies, in addition to the 60 countries on Dick Cheney’s list. They want us to believe that workers, who come to this country to support thier families after Democratic leadership in the country saddl3ed workers with NAFTA, are our enemies. But we are here today to declare that we know who the real enemies are: those false patriots that George Washington warned us of, who wrap themselves in the flag while betraying our values.

Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo are the hallmarks of the new U.S. gulag Democrats are helping to create.

We are the true patriots!

We know that the strength of this country lies in the way it countenances dissent. And we are here to dissent. We are not deterred by reports of sleek, new detention facilities or recently-acquired taser guns that kill. For we come to dissent in peace. Indeed, we dissent for peace.

Today, we declare our independence from conformity and “go-along-to-get-along” politics. We declare our willingness to be radical in pursuit of peace and in our hunger for justice.
We can see clearly now who the real stickup artists are and that’s why we’re in Denver!

Our actions here this week begin the disarming of the hijackers. We no longer are afraid. And we won’t be deceived. We know that a vote for the Democrats is a vote for more war in Afghanistan and other parts of the world.

But today, we are now free.

I want express my opion out what a travesty this wk. has been to thounsands of Dem. across this country who watch this so call nomination of the Dem. Party I’m so ashamed of this party that I’ve belong to my whole life, I have never ever voted for any other party in any election. I still cant believe this has happened. But now I’m faced with one fact, if I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore than I have make sure Baby Back Rib does not get to be the President come this fall.

Anyway I know that once you heal you will be with us once again, ready to fight on. Find a quiet place and do power work.

In the meantime would you send me some of that herb?

StrangeAppar8us,

YOUR WORK HAS MEANT SO MUCH TO ME!!! Hang in there.  WE STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO ACCOMPLISH. We ARE the ones they weren’t expecting and we must keep them NOT EXPECTING us until NOVEMBER when they will STILL not be expecting what is unexpectable ... the DEFEAT of the CHOSEN SELECTED-NOT-ELECTED MESSIANIC ONE!

Big hugs! Don’t quit.  NOBAMA! NOBIDEN! NOVEMBER!!!

We have only just begun ... TO LIVE!

ROARS truly,

Kevin haKa

If this site enabled image posting, I’d be putting up the “LOL WHUT” picture right now.

South Dakota is a strange and exotic place.  Like Hawaii.

Forgot to mention that I made another contribution to the Obama/Biden 2008 campaign this morning.  Not a huge amount, but I was happy to do it.

ROAR!

wrb

are there any issues you care about? or is about your private dialogue with tv presenters?
having a republican in office is the answer?

I mean, come on ...!

It’s not about issues it’s about principle.

And having friends to talk about our birth signs with!!

A carnivore is justified eating veggies in protest.

Watch out. If I don’t get the cut I want next time I’LL EAT TOFU!!!!

wrb & kevin k.—

THANK YOU!!!! I needed to hear that. I am just so anxious and discombobulated that I haven’t been able to even TOUCH my macaroni art panels or my portrait of Murphy in dryer-lint-and-Elmer’s for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!!

My head is full of voices, and I no longer know who to believe. I’m even beginning to suspect that some of the folks over at Anti-Puma are no longer “one with Landru.” (Sorry! I’m drowning out the LYING MSM with my boxed set of STOS…at least until I see “What of Lazarus?”—easily the ep that SHOULD have beat out Harlan Ellison for the HUGO! Tee-hee! Even though “City on the Edge of Forever” featured a strong-willed woman/activist who got run over by a truck, Joan Collins is JUST SUCH A SKANK! THERE. I SAID IT!!!)

kevin k.—You have always been strong when I was faltering. I DON’T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT! I will ALWAYS be there for you…even when I’m not.

wrb—I am torn between 3 Veg and BBQ. One promises me roughage and lycopenes, but he has voted against both in the Senate. BBQ offers pre-formed complex proteins, but I’ve been totally freaked out by the presence of marbled fat ever since my Mother died (in an airplane crash, but it colors my whole perception of food choice and foreign policy, anyway. CALL ME CRAZY!  ;-> )

I am a warrior. I will survive. This, too, shall pass. But, no, you can’t have my bud. I may be depressed and stressing, but I’m not STOOPID.

I’LL EAT TOFU!!!!

Mmmmmm ... tooooffffuuuuu ... marinated in some Soy, Vey ... mmmmm ... tooooofffuuuuu

More wizdumb from PUMA PAC:

#413 Kelligesq on 08.28.08 at 3:13 pm

Wait a minute guys and gals,

My suggestion was to work on what platform you want McCain to include in his platform in order to win PUMA votes, and to work on it here - NOT TO GO AS INDIVIDUALS OR FAX MY POST TO McCAIN.

The person, I think who would represent our platform to McCain in a meeting is Murphy and entourage.

And once the platform is decided on, every PUMA would be writing a letter to the editor saying we have asked McCain to include this in his platform if he wants our vote. Every newspaper in America, and England - they do speak English over there (for the ex pats) Talk about pressure on McCain. :) Can you imagine - hee hee hee - enjoying it myself :)

Another Puma posted the suggestion yesterday of not giving your vote away for free to McCain. Although I
  just cant do that (my state allows me to write Hillary in or I can stay home - and I’ve decided NOT to vote the dem downline. If we’re gonna screw them as they’ve screwed us - go all the way. But I gave the other PUMA poster’s idea some thought, so here it is:

DONT GIVE YOUR VOTE AWAY TO MC CAIN FOR FREE !!

MAKE HIM WORK FOR IT.

DEMAND HE PUT IN HIS PLATFORM THE ISSUES WE ARE INTERESTED IN IF HE WANT HILLARY’S VOTERS:

1) HER HEALTHCARE PLAN

2) HER EDUCATION PLAN

3) TAX RELIEF FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS, CLOSING LOOP HOLES FOR THE SUPER RICH WHO PAY NO TAXES. (unfortunately that’s what the republican party is built on - doing away with taxes for the rich, and having the middle class carry the burdern)

4) STOP THE OUTSOURCING OF JOBS, AND CREATE JOBS AND MANUFACTURING IN THE USA

5) NO TAX BREAKS FOR OIL COMPANIES AND OFFSHORE COMPANIES

6) REVAMP THE FDA , PROTECT THE AMERICAN CONSUMER FROM POISONOUS PRODUCTS, ORIGIN LABELING ENFORCED!

7) PROTECT OUR BORDERS-STOP THE ILLEGAL UNFLUX

TURN IRAQ OVER TO IRAQ, LEAVE AS THEY HAVE REQUESTED, BRING OUR KIDS HOME.
  WITHIN THE YEAR

9) EQUAL PAY FOR WOMEN AND MEN

10) RE-INSTITUTE ANTI-MONOPOLY LAWS WHETHER MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS, ALL INDUSTRIES

Add on to this what you think is important, something we could eventually present to McCain as a petition: “We will vote for you IF………………”

They’re not asking much from McCain to get those 132 precious PUMA votes. All he has to do is basically run as a Democrat. That should work out for him.

Repubs, they’re your problem now.  Enjoy.

In the language of PumaPac:

((((((((((StrangeAppar8us))))))))))

!!!!

Meanwhile, it’s hard to parody this:

#155 NoMoreInFL on 08.28.08 at 2:15 am

I came to this site, led by God…to stand against evil! Some may say that is a harsh word but hindsight being 20/20…it is actually mild!

I am an Independent that over the years have voted for both parties depending on the person. From the very beginning, every time I heard *61 speak; something inside me stirred. I could not understand the feeling since so many were flocking to him.

I started to pray and asked God what was it that I was feeling and He let me know it was…evil! One that wants to devour others souls and minds. What could I do? I searched and searched and was led here to become a PUMA!

And finally, INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW—How will Obama’s speech at Invesco Field compare to the BEAUTIFUL PROTEST and RISE at Cheeseman Park?

http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/SouthJersey PUMA/?action=view&current=DSC00284.jpg

(Please note that the caption for this pic says “Riverdaugher on right.”)

Comment by Liz I. on 08/28/08 at 02:34 PM

******NEW RUMPROAST PROWL*******

LET’S USE OUR VOTES TO MAKE McCAIN BE MORE LIKE OBLAHBLAH.

PLS FAX OBAMA’S PLATFORM AND POLICY STANDS TO McCAIN HEADQUARTERS AND ALL G.O.P. CONVENTION DELEGATES.

TELL THEM OUR 18 MILLION VOTES ARE FOR RENT IF McCAIN DOES THE THINGS OBLAHBLAH PROMISED TO DO…WHICH ARE REALLY PRETTY SIMILAR TO THE THINGS HILLARY WANTED TO DO, EXCEPT THAT SINCE WE CAN’T HAVE HILLARY AT LEAST THIS WAY IT WOULDN’T BE OBLAHBLAH DOING IT, IT WOULD BE McCAIN.

AND IN A TRULY CONTRARIAN, NULL-A FORM OF THINKING, THAT WOULD BE A VICTORY FOR HILLARY, WHO ISN’T OBLAHBLAH, EITHER.

PS: I WROTE TO POPE RATZO TO URGE HIM TO EXCOMMUNICATE JOE BIDEN FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

HIS HOLINESS EMAILED ME BACK, BUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT “VA FONGULA” MEANS. CAN ANY OF OUR ITALIAN-ENABLED MEMBERS HELP ME?

I, on the other hand, was driven to this website by spiders. Yes, spiders. You see, they speak to me at night when they are spinning their webs and they told me that Obama is a spider too, and that his web is very sticky and will snare me and never let me go and that I should pray to the spider god about what to do and when I prayed to the spider god he mentioned roast beef and then he said that I always liked roast beef but that it was too elitist and that I needed to go with a more modest cut of meat and then I saw an image in my dream of another kind of roast and now I am a rumproaster.

Roar Haka-shaka-let-me-rock-you-Shaka-Khan

is it Chaka?

Anybody know why California passed during the roll call?

Acclimation is what I should have said.  Acc-li-ma-tion

Actually, you prolly wanted accl-A-mation, acclaim, not adjusting to climate.

Am I being a total dick yet?

{{{{{{{{LIZ I}}}}}}}}}

kevin k. needs to talk to you ASAP!!!, but his cell phone was snatched during all the confusion at RUMP-FEST in Denver.

He’s driving home in the RUMPMOBILE right now, but he will be checking his email as soon as he can find a place to set up a BASTE-BASE with some pirated WI-FI.

I spoke with RUMPMASTER on my landline (He lives near me), and he says KK has the scoop on all the ‘roasters who blocked the Pepsi Center doors with a giant, papier mache meat thermometer. CAN YOU SAY “FREE SPEECH” AND “BUM RAP”?

We need to see if Philip Berg can help us out with a local bail bondsman, and maybe file a retroactive injunction against the Denver police. I saved Berg’s info to my hard-drive, but I don’t know what a hard-drive is and now I can’t find it.

RUMPA HAKA!

iceberg wedge—Ya gotta admit, though, “nomination by ascension” would be a helluva thing on live TV.

Can someone tell me how to unlock my caps key?

Riverchucky is dumb as dirt:

riverdaughter, on August 28th, 2008 at 4:21 pm Said:

Whoo-hoo! There are McCain ads on Heidi Li’s Potpourri. I hope it’s just a way to make money and not an endorsement. But doesn’t that just speak volumes?

It speaks volumes about what imbeciles both you and Heidi Li are. McCain isn’t running ads on Heidi’s silly blog.  When Heidi copied and pasted the Froma Harrop editorial from Rasmussen to post it on her blog, she grabbed their ad code from the same page, so Heidi Li is running Rasmussen’s ads in her post ... for FREE.

Geniuses, the whole lot of them.

{{{{{{{{LIZ I}}}}}}}}}

Sorry. The new term for BASTE-BASE is BASTE-CAMP.

I was misinformed.

Indeed StrangeAppar8us. Well he is the messiah after all.

Actually, you prolly wanted accl-A-mation, acclaim, not adjusting to climate.

Am I being a total dick yet?

Actually Humboldt I think it can be spelled both ways: Acclimation or
Acclamation

So to answer your question, yes you are being a dick. But I forgive you.

Comment by iceberg wedge on 08/28/08 at 03:52 PM

ICEBERG & HUMBOLDT

PLEASE!!! We are not helping ourselves by fighting each other. Remember—new members and the media are watching us, and what we say can be reposted all over the ‘Net by Tibetan hackers and member’s of Fu Manchu’s Si-Fan.

Be peaceful. We all need to be on the same page and fight the common enemy.

C’MON, RUMPERS—THERE’S NO “I” IN “TEAM.”

There’s no “U” either…but let’s not go there.

I didn’t realize that “Logic Gymnastics” was an Olympic event:

Regarding Bill Clinton’s speech — #299 retrobee posted downstairs:

“One more comment about BC’s speech: It was apparent he’s still confident that BO will lose in November when he said BO “hit it out of the park” with his VP pick.”

~~~~

I definitely agree and think that this comment was a subtle insult… since you can also interpret that hitting something out of the park means it’s out of bounds for what you really need.

I also feel Clinton’s speech had a lot of subtle messages for us to follow as a blueprint on what to do next. He warned of having a majority of one party across the board (in White House, Senate, and Congress). He made that reference as if we saw the travesty of the Republicans having so much control — but I think it was a subtle warning to us not to let the Democrats have similar control either. You can reread my post #154 downstairs for more detailed explanation.

It speaks volumes about what imbeciles both [Riverchucky] and Heidi Li are.

Don’t you mean Heidi Li, J.D., Ph.D.?

StrangeAppar8us, I’m sorry but I can not let this lie!!!!!
Humboldt, I challenge you to a Roar off.
Name your place and time and prepare your vocal chords.  Our you ready to roarumble?

Betty, I think it’s Heidi Li, B.A., M.A., J.D., Ph.D., G.S.C.K. (Gold Star for Citizenship in Kindergarten)

You’ve just gotta love the insecurity of someone who feels the need to attach her alphabet soup to everything she writes.

From Heidi’s comments:

It is a must read. Hillary cannot fix what the DNC broke but all who believe in democracy can do so.

So, Hillary could be lead the nation but she can’t straighten out the DNC?  Oooooh, fickle!

StrangeAppar8us, I’m sorry but I can not let this lie!!!!!
Humboldt, I challenge you to a Roar off.

Awwwww yeah! Sookie-sookie now, let me get my ROAR on!

I aint a-skeered of you! No way, no how. I’m gonna march right across this blog and roar so loud the PUMAS will hear me in Denver and they’ll know it’s a signal, umm, like a bat signal, uhh, only done with my voice and it will light up the sky and they will know me for who I truly am!!!!!!!

ROAR Haka-Chaka-chicka-chicka-boom-boom

I am eating an orange. And you know what that means, everybody: it means I’m hungry and I like citrus.

But is it a coincidence that this blog’s colors are…red and yellow? You know what red and yellow combine to form…

I would decipher all the subtexts but I’m too busy figuring out what Bill was trying to tell me last night in his method of tying his shoelaces. It looked like they were double-knotted, over rather than under. This was a message for us 132 people, I think, about what he wants us to do after the election, once we change the course of HERstory.

Awwwww yeah! Sookie-sookie now, let me get my ROAR on!

ROAR Haka-Chaka-chicka-chicka-boom-boom

LOL Humboldt…fuck I can’t even keep a straight face on the blog-o-tubes.  meow?

RUMPs don’t Roar. Are you PUMAs or are you Rumps?

pfffffttt!

*****BLOG CHALLENGE RULES******

ICEBERG WEDGE has challenged HUMBOLDTBLUE to a steel-cage RUMP-OFF in the ROASTAGON!

HUMBOLDTBLUE has accepted.

This will be a no-holds-barred, freestyle rant-off ending in first-blood, first accusation of being a “troll” or first use of the name “Hitler.”

GOOGLE search and Urban Dictionary will be disabled for the duration of the fight. Access to Wikipedia will result in immediate disqualification. Use of smilies is forbidden.

Let no man interfere. Let one man emerge.

RUMPA HAKA!

California passed thru sheer incompetence.

omg, I’m watching MSNBC right now and all you could hear is 911 was an inside job! over and over again! Someone shut that guy up! Thank god the PUMAS didnt have a megaphone!

Bush’s Last Day (blessed be your name), that 9/11 truther with the bullhorn is pissing me off. How dare the cretin interrupt Rachel Maddow? The PUMAs and 9/11 truthers should join forces. They actually have quite a lot in common.

Thanks for that Kevin (not K).

Ok, I’ve got my most impressive horse on the plane for SD, got a good beads and feathers rig at the costume shop. I’m off to introduce Gary and Mawn to the exotic mysteries of western culture.

How, khemosabe.

Dance for me. Do a sing.

OK, I know the big pink blog, you know, the one run by the Perot supporter named after the Yankees’ 3B - has fallen out of favor to find you best in PUMA psychosis.

Daragh, it turns out, is just an awful tough act to top.

Still…  for old time’s sake, I still cruise by it once in awhile to see what my old pals are up to.

Last night, I got a rare treat… an inside look at PUMA infighting!

Were I sociologist, I think I might use <a >this post</a>:

pm317, I believe you are right. I ALSO believe that a SMALL group of PUMAS are ridiculously whacked out anyway and glomed on to this a a cause because it gave them power. Although at dinner with severl on Monday night I nearly fell out of my chair when one siad Darrah Murphy tells us what to think and what to believe and deletes comments from the blog at PUMA PAC that she sees as wrong. We love Darrah,she protects us from people who don’t think like us”

THAT IS A DIRECT QUOTE

to determine what would seem be the PUMA caste system.

What does that say about you when the crazies can accurately spot the truly crazy?

Comment by known troublemaker on 08/28/08 at 06:00 PM

Hahahahahaha

#  HillaryforTexas Says:
August 27th, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Okay, have fun eating your own among former Hill supporters. I’m off to find a place where they are talking about how to BRING THIS BASTARD OBAMA DOWN, instead of sniping at other groups.

Night.

Gotta love it!

# HillaryforTexas Says:
August 27th, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Night.

StormFront is always looking for hot, Aryan chicks to breed with. Check them out, you’ll fit right in.

Wait—the PUMAS have figured out that they speak English . . . in ENGLAND? Shit! I give up! They are too clever for us! I mean, instead of voting for the guy who basically already SUPPORTS the same platform as HRC (you know, the Democratic nominee), they’re gonna use their superior mind-meld technology to change the guy who hates everything that platform represents into a Democrat! It’s so crazy it’s gotta work!

Seriously, the existence of PUMAS makes me think that Andy Kaufman really is still alive. And is having the biggest goof ever at our expense! Darragh, take off the mask and wig and show us that you’re really Andy!

And this from the TD site;

Mary said, on August 28th, 2008 at 3:31 am

Is it possible that there are no records because this man is an imposter? One of our regular commenters at TD’s suggested several times that Obama was a minor CIA operative. What if, in fact, the real Brack Obama was a CIA man who died and the current DNC candidate was given his identity, for purposes yet unknown? Could that be why Granny is being held captive, even from the children, because she might say, “This man is not my grandson?” Maybe author Webster Tarpley is right about this entire Obama candidacy being a put up job by the intelligence community.

omg!...lol

#####—

The evidence is irrefutable that Barack Obama—or let’s just drop the charade and call him Herr Doktor Professor Bartok Schiessman—has been a CIA asset since the word “go.” If you have the Windows Media plug-in that allows you to play mp3 files backwards, load up Hillary’s convention speech, and prepare yourself to be educated.

“What if, in fact, the real Brack Obama was a CIA man who died and the current DNC candidate was given his identity, for purposes yet unknown? Could that be why Granny is being held captive, even from the children, because she might say, “This man is not my grandson?”’

What screwed up parallel universe are these people really living in?  Don’t they seriously have ANYTHING else to do?  And the Pumas thinking they have the numbers to MAKE McCain adopt the Democratic Party platform.  OMFG, LOL

The only solution is to check his underwear and see what the name on the waistband is.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA?  SHOW US YOUR UNDERWEAR!!!

Just a thought - do you think they’re all going to caravan from Denver to the Twin Cities so they can start making a ruckus there?

we can only hope! what if more of tehm showed up there than @ denver..!?

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PHOTO OF BARACK OBAMA STANDING IN FRONT OF A MIRROR? ME EITHER!

WHAT IS IT ABOUT MIRRORS THAT BARACK OBAMA DOESN’T WANT US TO SEE?

Sorry. I was just thinking if he’s NOT a CIA operative, he might still be a vampire. Or a hologram. I mean, did you see how fast he showed up on the stage last night? Like—boom—outta nowhere. Weird.

“Only PUMAs get tranced.”—Jack Deth

Secreret, information. Top secret

I understand, according to source,s that the Pubs will

counter Stevie Wonder w KC & the Sunshine Band

They win

I know this is probably a little too subtle a point for the fucknuts and it’s probably me just being an anal retentive ancient history buff…but this whole “greek temple” meme and hahahah very funny everyone should wear toga’s etc.

You’d probably have some teeth to your “joke” if the examples you chose were actually Greek togas…not Roman robes and clothing. I’m not saying…i’m just saying.

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/08/28/dress-code-r ecommendations-for-attendance-at-temple-obama/#more-4440

Know what’s great?

I finally found a backdoor into NQ… After trying various onion routing methods and proxy bouncing - and not really up for the PIA of resetting my IP constantly, I just figured out that my old work legacy VPN account is still active… and since it’s session based, I can easily float my IP address on a whim!

Good stuff!

douglas—Big difference between Doric and Ionic, too. then again, your dealing with people who referred to “laurel leaves” (on PUMApac, anyway) as “Roman headresses.”

The Greeks were apparently big fans of glass windows that look remarkably like those at the White House.

The moral of the story is, don’t let facts, reality and history get in the way of making yourself look like an arse!

When the fuck did Tom Brokaw become an insufferable concern troll? Why the fuck is he even at the convention, he spouts nothing but right wing concern troll blurbs like presumptuous and shit.

Oh, I’ll bet that this trip will somehow end up “making an unplanned stop” in Minneapolis / St. Paul for the Republican National Convention, where they will mysteriously “find a place to stay” and talk about how “nice” the GOP people are and how “sympathetic” they are to Dear Hillary’s loss??

“Folks in central Pennsyvania want to know that even though he’s black is he American?” - Pat Buchanan.

These morons are unrelenting! At which point do these racist cocksuckers get taken out to the woodshed and told your services are no longer needed?

The PBS coverage is pretty good.

Gore - punched Bush/McCain/GOP in the fucking mouth!  Yes!

Biden - brilliant, again.

The delegates just kicked the GOP’s teeth in.  Fucking awesome!

I switched the PBS but tool Brooks was telling us that this was a production more than a convention. What a fumbledick.

Thank God for C-Span . I can actually watch the convention instead of hearing the random bloviations of Pat “It sounds better in the original German” Buchanon.

I wonder if the corporate media hacks realize what useless fucking tools they are?

Obama’s really kicking ASS in this speech!

I must be watching the wrong channel:

221 mzebest on 08.28.08 at 10:38 pm

#192 jrhed

“He is completely bombing…”

I agree… just hope it reflects immediately in tomorrows polls… that would be cool. To see a quick bump attributed to the Clintons… and an equally immediate dive as soon as he opens his mouth. :-D

kevin k.—Seriously. I write these things for a living. This speech is kick-ass, Nimitz-class good.

HE…COULD…GO…ALL…THE…WAYR 30;.

Barn burner!  Just another damned barn burner, and I’m so glad I was able to see it live.

McCain’s nomination speech is DOA.

Nailed it.

Or, in the words of the stoopid humans ... “hated it!” (head-shake-finger-snap optional.)

Barn burner ha!

How did that work out for the Snopes I ask you?

A woman I grew up with was at the stadium. She was in tears. She made me cry.

I’m gonna have some video that her two young daughters put together from their experiences in Denver this week. It’s gonna rawk! (may be Monday)

RUMP!!!!! (umm, what noise, other than a fart, does a rump make?)

Humboldt:

BLAP!

I’m tired of hearing the PUMAs say they are going over to the Republicans, that they will campaign for McCain. We keep telling them “Okay, buh bye” but they never leave.  Just more of that “I really mean it this time, I’m really leaving” from them.  And then more “Okay, buh bye” from us.  When does it end?

Glix—In my experience, that shit only ends when your NEW girlfriend finally moves in with you.

Up to that point, the old GF still thinks that “leaving you” is a threat.

Not sure what the correlation is here—but I have a feeling that “new girlfiend” = “reality.”

Hey, the PUMAs have a girlfriend!  She lives in Canada, so you can’t meet her.

Ripley, tip o’ the hat: you win the internets with that comment!

Also, if someone could come up with an emoticon for “John McCain Getting Kicked in the Nutsack,” that would be my shorthand version of Barack’s entire acceptance speech.

It’s not an accident that he has a picture of Muhammad Ali in his office. NOBODY does the rope-a-dope like Obama!

StrangeAppar8us—Do we have to wait until 2012 then?

I was hoping the convention would have an effect.  I see above however, that their super secret decoder rings say Big Dog was telling them to continue.

Glix—Nope, sorry. The events of the week have driven the PUMAs into full-out “magical thinking” mode. In the words of Blanche DuBois, “I don’t want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don’t tell truths. I tell what ought to be truth.”

Of course, as an old immigrant friend of mine used to say, “Everybody go crazy different.” And raging hate-oholic “jenniforhillary” has found a pleasant, sun-drenched clearing of madness somewhere between Travis Bickle and Thelma & Louise:

I wish American women would burn down cities…instead of getting breast implants and new diets…

Eric Alterman (The Nation):

...Obama won it fair and square. He didn’t cheat. He didn’t do any of the things that Hillary Clinton diehards are are so angry about. He just won and she lost. That’s how these things are supposed to work.

These Hillary diehards act as if they are making some sort of point, but the only point they are making is that they would prefer to see John McCain be President—and run a government that is opposed to everything they say they favor [...]

If you talk to one of these people for more than two minutes, they immediately cease to make any sense. [...] What’s more, the Obama people are under orders—quite understandably—not to anger these nut cases, because, sad to say, you can’t win an election without stupid people voting for you.

Random thoughts:

1) I don’t think I realized how nervous I was about the speech until Obama walked out on the stage last night. What the hell was I worried about? Of course he nailed it perfectly.

2) Stevie Wonder really does love us. Believe it.

3) I have so enjoyed watching Michelle Bernard transform from wingnut hack to Obot. She said she had to go into the Green Room to cry, she was so overcome with the significance of a major American party nominating its 1st African American candidate. Only the Democrats, baby. Don’t forget it.

4) Favorite visual image—one of the Biden granddaughters cavorting with the youngest Obama daughter in the confetti.

The whole thing seemed pompous, flat and contrived. He has given better speeches before, and this will do nothing for him in the polls. The more confident, controlled and intelligent he seems, the more desperate I know he is. And the more nearly his policies mirror my own desires and interests, the less I like him and the more committed I am to voting for a complete, senile shitheel who would gladly trade me for a decent pair of loafers.

Oh, crap, I can’t do this anymore. I must be totally batshit crazy. God help me, I have poop for brains and this is all about that asshole jock who blew me off on Prom Night.

“PUMA HAKA!”? Oh, fuck me. My whole life is a farce, and all of my friends are idiots. I am SUCH a tool.

—XPuma