Hayward Steps Down Citing HIMSELF As A Victim Of BP Oil Spill

Wow.  Just wow.

“This is a very sad day for me personally,” Hayward told a conference call.

“Whether it is fair or unfair is not the point. I became the public face and was demonised and vilified. BP cannot move on in the US with me as its leader.”

Hayward added: “Sometimes you step off the pavement and get hit by a bus.”

Yeah, and sometimes you go to work on an unsafe oil rig drilling an unsafe well and you get blown to bits.

And sometimes you get on your fishing boat to earn a living and get hit by waves of black oil polluting your water and ruining your livelihood.

And sometimes you look at your empty restaurants and beaches and get hit by waves of fear that the people will never come back.

And sometimes you see image after image of dead wildlife covered with that oil and get hit by waves of sadness and revulsion.

Life’s a bitch, Tony.  Wish I could feel sorry for you.

Posted by marindenver on 07/28/10 at 06:38 PM • Permalink

Categories: PoliticsEditorials

What’s he bitching about?  He has his life back.

Seriously, Tony, fuck off, really, just fuck off. In fact, I would argue that you take the entire goddamned Island with you but there are too many actual human beings to respect, hell, even like!

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 07/28/10 at 07:20 PM

Just wait until our fReichtard friends squeezing out blargh posts in which they explain why Hayward’s fate is 911 million times worse than Sherrod’s.

I may have to hurt someone.

Tony would feel a lot worse if he knew that the Deepwater Horizon spill was the result of a one-dollar bet between Randolph & Mortimer Duke.

Oh, and I think this about covers America’s feelings, Tony.

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 07/28/10 at 07:53 PM

Oh, and Tony? Remember this one?

Comment by HumboldtBlue on 07/28/10 at 07:54 PM

I’m waiting for Tony to write America a fare-the-well as tone-deaf as this one.

(I know, it’s not at all comparable to fucking over an entire ecological region—but damn, passive-aggressive sexist fuckwads get on my tits.)

Comment by Oblomova on 07/28/10 at 08:02 PM

I’m glad somebody else chose to post on this.

Wonkette and others had already done the “BP sent him to Siberia” schtick, and I didn’t trust myself to cover it without resorting to a tirade of incoherent expletives about this tone-deaf, self-centered, incompetent fuckwit.

Easy on this poor schmuck - according to the Economist, “for all the opprobrium heaped on him over the last few months, Mr Hayward’s pay award is modest compared with those enjoyed by many similarly high-profile bosses.” Oh the suffering!
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/07/27/12879342 0/how-golden-is-tony-hayward-s-parachute

Mistakes were made.

Poor Tony will have to console himself with the millions he will get from his oil-slicked black gold parachute.

I could not agree more with your incredibly well said comments marindenver.  His leaving comments just add to the short-sighted thinking and management with respect to how he lead BP.  Maybe is he did get hit by a real bus he would under the meaning of pain and loss.  He is the definition of selfish and self-serving thinking.

See #3 in this trifecta for the best summary yet of the BP power shift:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/201 0/07/28/DDASMUSSENBR.DTL

Comment by trollhattan on 07/29/10 at 01:28 PM

Don’t feel too sorry for li’l Tony. He can always cheer himself up by stripping down to his knickers, then dumping one of his big sacks of money out onto his bed and rolling around in it like the pig that he is.