Joe the Plumber flushes credibility down the shitter

If only he had kept his yap shut and enjoyed his 15 minutes. But then he had to hold a press release in his driveway just now and reveal the raving wingnut beneath that beefy bald exterior:

1. Social Security is a joke that should be abolished. (That scribbling sound you heard was every geezer in FL crossing Joe off their holiday card list.)

2. The citizens of Iraq should be as thankful to the US as Christians are to Jesus. (Even the tens of thousands of dead ones? He didn’t say.)

Campaign tool fail. Maybe the overcompensated media mavens don’t realize it, but it’s absurd to posit a dude who can buy a business that hauls in more than $250K a year as a Regular Joe. Give me a break.

But I expect the desperate McCain-Palin campaign, aswirl as they are in the porcelain vortex, to clutch Joe the Plumber’s broad back and hope he helps them bob to the surface. Just like that hard plastic ball in the toilet tank.

A plumber? Really, that’s all you’ve got? I think I speak for many Americans when I say that most of those butt crack-displaying bastards are merely thieves who wield wrenches rather than guns.

Update: Video

Another update:
Looks like Joe isn’t really a plumber after all (at least not a licensed or apprenticed one), and he’s had a bit of tax trouble, which may explain the ‘tude. Hmmmm. Poor McCain. He can’t even pick a credible heckler.

Posted by Betty Cracker on 10/16/08 at 09:31 AM • Permalink

Categories: PoliticsBarack ObamaElection '08St. McSamePUMAsSarah Palin

Adding insult to stupidity , it appears that Joe isn’t even registered to vote.

Two readers with access to the Ohio voter file say that Joe Wurzelbacher’s inluence on this cycle will be limited in one way: He doesn’t appear to be registered to vote.

(And yes, the freelance opposition research on Joe began before the debate ended.)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/The_Joe_fil e.html?showall

Seems the McHindenberg campaign can’t even vet their stooges competently.

Comment by Speedy on 10/16/08 at 10:01 AM

This whole embrace of a fantasy construct such as “regular Joe” or “Joe sixpack” by GOP (and to a certain extent Democrats) has become a national joke. As if there was a group set of rules by which these “regular Joe’s” adhere to and can be pandered to. Maybe that was the brilliance of Karl Rove. He created this fantasy of patriotic simpleton folks adhering to small town values that people found endearing, especially in an age when so much seems uncertain. But now the GOP has made this embrace into such a fetish to the point that this Joe the Plumber is plumbing them into the shithole rather than then taking them out of it.

Exactly Betty.  Any home or business owner who has had plumbing work done has felt the ass raping that plumbers give out.  Fuck Joe Plumber. Writing a post on this subject over at me blog and hopefully will have it up later today—work permitting.

That didn’t take long.

Can you imagine the outrage from the GOP if the situation had been reversed?

The guy is a total GOP tool, and if he gets any real footing he’s going to be exposed.

The reason McCain’s not getting any footing with small business owners is because anyone who actually owns a small business (like myself) knows that you’re taxed on the net income, not the gross.

This is the kind of guy that Chris Matthews obsesses over as if they are the Holy Grail of American Voters.

Which is what makes Tweety such a fucktard.

By the way you all owe me $10.  A few days back I wrote the following:

I’ll bet anyone $10 that McStokethefiresofhate tries to get Obama to repudiate John Lewis at the debate.
Comment by iceberg wedge on 10/13/08 at 05:27 PM

I am assuming by your collective silence that you each took the bet.  You may send your 10 bucks here.

Comment by iceberg wedge on 10/16/08 at 11:43 AM

You speak for me, Betty. (Though I didn’t know I cursed so much, and I could have sworn I gave up smoking years ago, but yes, you speak for me.) Btw, I would love to make $250,000/year, Joe and John—and guess who I’m voting for? That one.

the freelance opposition research on Joe began before the debate ended

About one in three of the diaries flowing into Kos now are about Joe the Jerkoff.

Damn, I was planning to send that money to the Denver Group.

Wow, I hadn’t watched the video of their new “ad” before linking to the Denver Group.  That is one colossally bad spot. I hope Heidi Li Feldmoo gets enough money from those PUMA dimwits to run it everywhere.

Damn, I was planning to send that money to the Denver Group.

Oh lord, that commercial is so funny I almost might send them my ten bucks so more people can have a good laugh.  And Joe the Plumber is as flash in a pan as they get.  Funny he didn’t mention that about not being registered to vote when everyone was pressing him to say who he was going to vote for.  The McCain campaign continues its downward spiral into the sewer of absurdity.

OMG, that is a monumentally stoooopit ad! I might produce one of my own. Here’s the opening sequence:

When the nation was in the grip of an unprecedented economic meltdown, Heidi Li Feldmoo, J.D., PhD., squandered tens of dollars on a bovine-print blouse from Planet Frou Frou—money that could have gone to feed hungry orphans instead. Why does Heidi Li Feldmoo, J.D., PhD., hate orphans so much?

Apparently he IS registered…as a Republican , and voted in the primary.
From Kos :

Joe Wurzelbacher doesn’t immediately turn up in the Ohio voter registration database, leading to some speculation last night that he’s not registered to vote.

But the Toledo Blade reports that he appears to be a registered Republican, and a primary voter at that:

Linda Howe, executive director of the Lucas County Board of Elections, said a Samuel Joseph Worzelbacher, whose address and age match Joe the Plumber’s, registered in Lucas County on Sept. 10, 1992. He voted in his first primary on March 4, 2008, registering as a Republican.

Ms. Howe said that the name may be misspelled in the database.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/16/111449/53/ 191/632401

So much for the “undecided” claim.  The media should start calling him ” Joe the Fraud”.

Comment by Speedy on 10/16/08 at 01:01 PM

A football stadium? That5’s all they’ve got? Not the billions spent in Iraq, the trillions used to bail out wall street banks who have spent the past 8 years helping themselves to the national treasury?

3 million for a convention speech is a bad thing?

I told y’uns, that even with all the contrary evidence, I’m smarter than these people.

Oh, and may I add ... The Phillies won the pennant!

Hmmm…seems Joe might have got his boss in the shit with all this

His boss, Al Newell of Newell Plumbing and Heating Co. of Toledo, is a licensed plumbing contractor in Toledo, records show. But anyone working under Newell should have a journeyman’s plumbing license or an apprenticeship license, officials said.

He doesn’t have a good plan on how to actually buy the business from his boss either.

Comment by Rebecca on 10/16/08 at 03:48 PM

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but it turns out that Joe the Plumber is connected to…Charles Keating.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/john -mccain-and-the-joe-t_b_135319.html

Epic. Fail.