One for the Archives [Updated]
h/t Ms. YAFB
Now fully attributed thanks to Comrade Mary: @garyhe
A couple more ...
Some Republican members of Congress took to Twitter on Thursday to declare victory after CNN and Fox News had inaccurately reported that the individual mandate had been struck down.
They quickly deleted their “victory” messages, but the Sunlight Foundation’s Politwoops site, which archives deleted Twitter messages of elected officials, found them.
Here is what a half dozen lawmakers had to say when they thought the Supreme Court had ruled against the individual mandate, the centerpiece of the health care overhaul.
• Representative Darrell Issa, Republican of California: RT @repjustinamash: This is a big win for #liberty & the #Constitution.
• Representative Tom Rooney, Republican of Florida – Breaking – #SupremeCourt strikes #individualmandate. Great news for American people, victory for constitution. #Obamacare
• Representative Dennis A. Ross, Republican of Florida – Individual Mandate ruled unconstitutional. Let Freedom Ring.
• Representative Virginia Foxx, Republican of North Carolina – #UNCONSTITUTIONAL: #SCOTUS overturns #Obamacare’s individual insurance #mandate. Developing…
• Representative Howard P. McKeon, Republican of California – Breaking: #Obamacare individual mandate ruled unconstitutional. More to come…
• Representative Aaron Schock, Republican of Illinois – Individual Mandate ruled unconstitutional…still developing….