Tea Party of America Rally Live Stream

Sign me up, you Wavy Gravy thing, you. [Screen cap courtesy of BRANDY NEW REGISTERED MEMBER arguingwithsignposts. Thanks!]

The “Restoring America’s Specialness Through Exceptionalism That Delivers Value While Meeting Unmet Customer Needs” event will be covered live on C-SPAN 1 begininning at 12:00 ET.

Coverage is only scheduled for two hours, which means they may not be carrying Sarah Palin’s Big-Ass Speech of the Century. I’ll post an update if I can pin down a live stream for that.

In any event, there is no doubt in my my mind that this event will have political ramifications that will be felt at least until shortly after dinner…and possibly all the way through my “Matlock” rerun at 8:00.

[UPDATE:] The event has been temporarily delayed by rain. God, indeed, is a Democrat.

[UPDATE:]  Rain over. Livestreaming now.

[UPDATE]:  Here’s the whole soggy shebang, archived on C-SPAN.

Posted by StrangeAppar8us on 09/03/11 at 10:33 AM • Permalink

Categories: PoliticsElection '12NuttersSarah PalinTeabaggery

Didn’t we talk about this being Sarahstock?
I remember clips of hippies sliding down the muddy hill at Woodstock.
What are the chances that some old hippy type Tea Partyers would do the same?
Now, that would be funny.

Guess not.

Hahahahahahaha!  Delayed by rain.  Or the tears of God as He looks at what is being done “in His name.”

God is, rather I think, laughing Herself wet.

Okay, that’s gross.  But more appropriate and delicious.

And gives new meaning to “golden shower.”

Me thinks that Rick Perry’s prayers for rain were finally answered, but God got the directions wrong.  Somebody get that deity a Garmin!

Gyad, what a bunch of candy-asses.

From “Game On!” to “Game Called On Account of Rain.”

Please move away from the towers!

Comment by Jewish Steel on 09/03/11 at 11:30 AM

Apparently, it’s back on. Some Australian (from the accent) Des Moines talk radio show host is lecturing about repealing Obamacare. Our Lady of Perpetual Backseat Drivitude is scheduled to speak at 2:15.

With all the umbrellas, it looks like an episode of The Prisoner.

Boots on the ground report:

Indianola, IA – The Tea Party of America’s Restoring America event has just been drawing a growing crowd. Given the thunderstorm that has just rolled in, drenching people unprepared for the weather, many are currently seeking shelter in tents and in the vehicles in the parking lot.  Undeterred, many die-hard Tea Party members continue to brave the downpour, with rain jackets, umbrellas, and anything else they can find.

At present, the event is still more than 15 minutes from its scheduled start, and the One Nation tour bus is on the grounds.  Find some early photos posted below(click for larger view)

Please oh PLEASE let the Palinmobile get stuck in the mud.

Symbolism? You can’t explain that.

comment from YAFB’s link:

Thanks Mark……..hope the rain doesn’t dampen the crowd from around Iowa – I know all the C4Ps & O4Ps will stand in the rain…….hope somebody gets some shots of the crowd from above somehow – to better estimate the showing……..esp when Sarah is to speak.

Oh – Mark….don’t wash that hand yet – til I get to touch the hand that……

ewwww.

And what is with these conservatards and the cigars? Rush, now Tony Katz from PJTV is up talking holding one in hand.

Man, this is ugly. Tea Party America is like an Old Folks Home for American’s worst weaknesses and prejudices.

You know, the stuff the Founders hoped we would never succumb to.

Over at C4P, some of the bots are.at.the.stage.of.gritting.their.teeth.and.typing.periods. between.every.single.word.

John Norton 8 minutes ago
Thats.not.the.half.of.it.friends.These.people.that.
organized.this.rally.need.to.be.run.out.of.town….
on.a.rail…The.reasons.are.obvious…!.I.am.Livid&# 8230;!.
Maybe.its.a.good.thing.I.didnt.go…!

@strange - I just sent a screen grab to the roaster e-mail that captures the woodstock effect.

I just hope they stay away from the brown acid.

Now they’re going to sing… ugh.

I just hope they stay away from the brown acid.

Oh, they will.  For them it’s white acid or nothing.

Thanks much! That’ll have to be forwarded from the Commodore, but I’ll try to get it up.

Krista Branch is singing, I dumped on her in a post a long time ago, but dang if I remember the headline.

Who will be the “designated minority” on stage today?

“The Battle Hymn of the Republic” as sung by Margaret Dumont and Eulalie Mackechnie Shinn.

Hilarious.

The fact that C-Span seems to have taken its sound feed straight off the mixing desk means you get no idea of the scale of the crowd responses or the acoustics on site, so it sounds like it’s being beamed from a closet somewhere.

And the cameraman just slipped and gave a wide shot of the stage. Barely a foot tapping for Krista Branch.

Also, I didn’t realize Mrs. Miller was a Teabagger.

I dumped on her in a post a long time ago, but dang if I remember the headline.

I can’t imagine why you’d remember it.

No, You Are NOT America: Now, Please Go Fuck Yourself

My cat just started howling.

It’s all the communists fault! SAG is a communist front!

If we just accept that the Tea Party is just the same old butthurt about what America did in the 1960s, it goes a long way to explaining everything.

They should relocate this debacle to Texas:

TENCOLE 1 minute ago
RealClearScott
Scott Conroy
Am told this is the first time it’s rained here since late June.
32 minutes ago

**sigh**

Conservative prop comedy, YAY!

And here in the land of copious rain, the wafting, drifting, weeping rain of the North Woods, we are on a sixth consecutive day of 72 and brilliantly sunny.

Guuss God loves our weed more than their corn-pone.

Erik Golub, “comedian,” apparently can’t get a gig in the real comedy world. What, not enough LaughStops out there in middle america?

GOLUB JUST MADE A “RETARD” JOKE ABOUT TRIG!

I don’t believe I heard that.

“The left are verbal suicide bombers.” lolwut?

Comedy just filed for divorce.

Prepare for head explosions at C4P if C-Span cuts the feed just as Snooki takes the stage.

OK, once people actually think about Golub’s crack about “the left are all special needs children,” I think he may be lucky to get out of there without the Trig-lovers lynching him.

This guy is a comedian?

This guy is a comedian?

Yes, in the same way that I am a football player because I’ve played Madden on an XBox once.

Comment from C4P:

What kind of utter JERK INCOMPETENTS are running this “rally”????

Grushchow (sp ??) quoting Cain THREE times in the space of two minutes??
At an event FEATURING Sarah Palin??
Cain showing maybe 6-8% in latest polls??
And that other guy….Crow…..being as bad…and a Perry person!!!
Give these jerks the HOOK!!!!
Then remembering (and NEVER forgetting!!!) the total INSANITY of the entire O’Donnell in-out-in-out CIRCUS SIDESHOW!!!!!

I hope Sarah BERATES these A-holes as loudly and at length as she’ll be castigating that OTHER jerk incompetent…..the one currently called “President”!!

This “rally” .......thus far…..is almost a TOTAL embarrassment!!!

AARP is liberal? Sarah Palin served her country?

I’m gonna leave you with a yiddish word—tuchus

“Please give generously as the ushers pass amongst you.”

Now: the begging

Tough crowd at C4P:

Jean_A Just now
Don’t like the jokes that including special needs or Trig.

Jennifer Just now in reply to Jean_A
I agree. I would have rather not had those added. It could be that he doesn’t have an awareness of special needs or how sensitive it can be. Other than that I do find this guy funny. He even talked about his parents’ as Holocaust survivors. He is trying; I give him that.

rainymadrona Just now
Holy cow, the warm up acts are really bush league so far.

They can’t keep their tea parties straight, “tea party what?”

A poster! I want to see which C4P member has a Sarah Shrine in his house.

Also, I think I just saw the “designated minority.”

“Tea Party - Whut?”

Oh who cares, just buy our damn $nooki po$ter!

Another one:

Holy cow, the warm up acts are really bush league so far.

[Whoops. Brit already caught that one. I’m AMAZED that C4Pers are giving the Trig jokes a pass. I think they’re all still stunned at what a small, crappy, piece-of-shit event this is after all the hyperventilating run-up.]

the warm up acts are really bush league so far.

Perry’s arrived?

Aaaaand another:

BurlyBrownBear 2 minutes ago
Bloody awful!  Granted, it’s partly the rain.  Still, the event is amateurish, dreary, and boring.  It has all the sizzle of a soaked firecracker.  The speakers are earnest and off key; embarrassing to watch and listen to.  This unfunny Eric Golub, with his woman’s voice, makes the toe of my boot itch.  Worst of all, the crowd looks like they’d rather be anywhere but where they are.  I have no doubt Sarah will work her usual magic.  But she deserves—and needs—better than this.  So do we.

Palin slash fic “Sarah Palin inspires me.”

ewwwww.

I’m gonna leave you with a yiddish word—tuchus

Schmuck is also appropriate.

Oh Christ. Again with the techno. Because it went down so well last time.

The photog was wearing his phylacteries, damn, who knew this was foreskin-free gathering?

Krista Branch: 80s synth pop called and they want their sound back.

BurlyBrownBear 2 minutes ago

Sullivan’s out there?

(Sorry, could not resist.)

A question: Is there any chance Palin WON’T show?

Follow up question if the answer is yes: Where can I place a bet on how long it will take the National Guard to stop the riot?

@Hunger - “The Bus” has been sighted, so I’m guessing no. But it may be a huge head-fake.

Somebody at C$p thought htis was an impressive crowd: http://yfrog.com/o0la6uj

Is C-Span just covering this for our amusement and C4P’s annoyance?

A question: Is there any chance Palin WON’T show?

I’d put a boot on the bus right now, in case she’s having second thoughts.

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY Captain Crunch has arrived!

What kind of movies?? Something about the missionary position.

C4P suicide watch:

Val Just now
Krista Branch has been the only bright spot so far, for me.

These guys sure know how to keep the momentum going.

They got the guy with the tri-corner hat to get up on stage. What an idiot.

And with The Joe Plumber of Iowa, I am going outside to roll about in the yard for a bit.

Fuck, two years? You’ve known Ryan for two whole fucking years? I’ve known Strange for 5, so suck on that. And if you’re Joe the plumber of Iowa you’re a stone fucking loser.

Is this a compliment or an insult?

Ryan Rhodes has now become the Joe Plumber of Iowa.

One more:

Painful…going to watch some Sarahpac videos until Sarah comes on.  Ouch, my ears, my eyes!

Jasmine Clark Just now
someone on hotair said

“SP and Todd have exited thebus walking to the stage.”

“About 2500-3000 people here.Lots of Gasden flags. A TON of red, white and blue.”

“We Must Take America Back”

That’ll get ‘em do-si-do’in’.

Hey, where’s this guy’s band?

What a motherfucking rebel! FUCK RCA, we should have a law to ban songs that aren’t about God and country!

@StrangeAppar8us, cool Music Man reference. It brings out the concept of Iowa and grifters (together today!) nicely.

Not that Prof. Harold Hill was anywhere near the Tundra Skank’s level of griftiness.

I have to say, in the contest of politically-motivated balladeers, I’ll take Dylan, Bragg, Biaz, Young, Springsteen, etc. over these yokels any day.

Sarah Palin’s Iowa spot. YAY!

Here she comes!

@StrangeAppar8us, cool Music Man reference

I crack up whenever I hear “The Last Days of Pom-pee-aye.”

For some reason, I always think of pedobear when I hear c4p. not sure why.

CLOWN HORNS! Myiq must be there.

Comment by YAFB

I dunno. I think it will be a) over their heads, and b) if they do get it, well, it’s okay if you’re a republican/‘bagger. Satire!

“we’re here to begin the restoration of the country that we love” ... through Facebook posts and Twitter updates!

@Nefer — A minute or so before that gag, he complimented Sarah on deciding to go ahead and have a baby that doctors assured her would be just as stupid as Nancy Pelosi.

THAT’s the clip I want.

@Strange—he didn’t.  Holy crap!

Relentlessly Ragin’ in 140 characters!

Slamming the president for the Tea Party Downgrade, now that’s Chootspah.

suffering from unemployment numbers ... fucking integers are sadists!

@Strange—he didn’t.

Oh, he sure did. I almost shit.

jesus fucking christ donning a cheerleaer outfit and grabbing his pom-poms, she screeches like a 12-year old at a pep rally

I don’t think she’s going to announce. Who thinks she is?

Someone said she was taking speech lessons. I guess not.

Oh, he sure did. I almost shit.

Holy ferk.  I hope you find that clip!

this should all be archived on cspan after it’s over, so I’m sure that clip will be available somehow.

wait, did she just say “strippers and cross-country skiers”? o_0

is she wearing her falsies again?

@arguingwithsignposts

“Polls are for strippers and cross-country skiers.”

This is really the crummiest speech she’s ever given, next to her hilaious resignation speed-rap.

Even more glad that Obama has a major speech coming up after Bumpit McCarthy’s screechathon.

Dissatisfied progressives can compare and contrast. How much you wanna bet “At least she knows how to attack” will be the meme du jour among the FDLers?

Is palin wearing a Key of David necklace?

(If so, h/t Ms. YAFB!)

Why is this tagged by CSPAN as “Campaign 2012?”  Who is campaigning for 2012 in the speaker line-up?

@Daize

A nation of Lowry’s just stood at attention.

She really doesn’t understand the concept of debt ceiling.

Yeah, she’s regressed as a speaker if that’s possible.

@arguingwithsignposts

ewwwwww

Gak, her voice is like emily litella.

Is palin wearing a Key of David necklace?

Looks like it might be.

“Hobbits?” And so the knife slides into the back of yet another ex-mentor. Kthanxbai, Walnuts!

She really needs to learn to use a teleprompter. The bits she reads of the sheet sound so stilted it almost distracts from the screechiness.

I don’t think she’s going to announce. Who thinks she is?
Comment by arguingwithsignposts

Even if I knew she was going to, I couldn’t listen to that hateful, smug, ignorant-and-proud-of-it shriek of hers. I will have to rely on witty and intelligent comments to deliver the news and soften the blow.

I watched a couple of minutes and that was all I could stomach. And her moronic waddling fried butter eating followers must be just as nasty inside as she is.

I’m pretty sure she won’t announce today.

And, after this performance, I’m pretty sure she won’t announce ever.

damn unions, except for my husband’s union and the union that protects me as an employee of FOX news

“Run Sayrah, Run.”

@strange - that’s my guess too. Doesn’t she have to file some paperwork or something?

So that’s why Obama hires all those “experts.” So they’ll compliment him! Never fear, Sarah won’t make that mistake!

She’s a thinker, that one.

Also, here are Golub’s words, as recorded on Twitter:

nachofiesta Sean Quinn
Palin “has such a value for human life, that she would even bring a child into this world she knew that modern medical technology…” (1/2)nachofiesta Sean Quinn
“...would show that would be defective ideologically like Nancy Pelosi.” The razor-sharp witticism of Eric Golub. #Indianola (2/2)
21 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

I think she’s just doing her level best to lose the election for the Repubs, or at least marginalize the Tea Party even further.

This “crony capitalism” populist stuff is all very well in a balloon park, but that’s bread and butter for the rank-and-file GOP.

Any cronyism is bad except for when she rewarded all those folks who contributed to her campaign for governor.

status quo is latin for just shoot me now ... oh my Lord, sine qua non, et cetera, quo vadis, veni, vidi vici, nomine patri, fili espiritu sancti

Doesn’t she have to file some paperwork or something?

She still has time. But, obviously, she doesn’t care about “looking presidential” anymore…so I sense she has made a liberating decision just to remain a cheerleader.

so the big plan is

States Rights
Repeal healthcare
Less regulation
Entitlement reform

Where have I heard that before?

Abe Lincoln in the house!

many a true word spoken in idiocy:

MarkRNY 6 seconds ago
Man is she kicking Mitten’s and Gardasil Rick’s asses—she’s got them boxed in!

“Where’d you crony capitalist crony campaign come from there Crony??”—Citizen Investigative Reporters!

She’s almost made more campaign $$ a liabilty—except for HERS that’ll come from US!

wait, she’s still on the debt ceiling stuff?

“... yet another speech ...”

Jasmine Clark Just now
yeah blah blah blah that’s nice whatever ARE YOU RUNNING YES OR NO

(i’m so rude) =)

She’s reminding me of the Ultimate Dog Tease:

“And ya know what?  I gotta plan!”

A plan? You gotta plan?

“Yah! An’ I put drilling in it, and exceptionalism!”

“Exceptionalism? The maple kind?”

Chimpanzees in zoos everywhere must stare in amazement at her ability to fling verbal poo in such a machine gun fashion. A machine gun with a fried, shrieking bearing.

Cuba has corporate tax rates? Really?

She wants America to be more like Ecuador, I think.

Si Latine non recte loqui possis, immo vero, obsecro, tam minime loquere.

Est iam dudum lingua moribunda - nihil operis nobis es ut hanc necemus.

oh fuck it, this jibbering of flatulence is extraordinary in its banality and vapidness.

Govt has never created a job?

she’s not gonna announce

Her appeals to ignorance and nativism are almost as annoying as her lack of understanding regarding the economy and energy.

“we’ll bite our tongue. We’ll keep it classy.” LOL

Also, I’m really disappointed to hear the “no jobs created in August” meme. No, there were jobs created. But they were offset by other jobs being destroyed - by state governments.

Her appeals to ignorance and nativism are almost annoying as her lack of understanding regarding the economy and energy.

Yes, absolutely.  This is what really bothers me.

(Also, too—word is that she didn’t really go to the WW1 memorial.  She just took a picture of it from her hotel room.)

such a tease. almost Mario Cuomo-esque.

AmsterdamExpat Just now
What did she just say about changing the corporate tax structure? Whatever it was, it sounded very bold. Love it!

*snork*

WWI? You mean the war that was a direct result of one man’s vanity? The war we avoided for four years? A war that directly led to the greatest debacle in modern history?

POW camps from WW1?

I am already in pain from a sprained ankle and reading PJ so I will not add the pain of listening to giffter’s hateful screech. Thanks guys for the play by play commentary.

The war that was, in part, ended because of an enormous global flu epidemic?

So wait, govt never created a job ... except for the millions of jobs created by govt during and after WW2, I mean, those jobs don’t count.

She’s still not running!

Cue the Air Horns of Exceptionalism! Ronnie Reagan has replaced God as the Grace Shedder!

She didn’t announce. The Griftress has spoken!

Come in C4P sockpuppet mole #3725, your slip is showing:

Carol Carr Just now
SAY IT SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Oh boy, all those fappers are left with their dicks in their hand because the porn upload caused the computer to crash.

Well, that didn’t change history. Just more Sarah bein’ Sarah.

Mr. Polly: She’s a Flock Teaser!

Aaand cue C4P griping:

ellebb Just now
No announcement.  BOOOOO

She can’t keep doing this forever, can she? At some point, the c4pers will just give it up.

I feel like egg salad, anyone got a good egg salad recipe?

All I can say is I’m glad I didn’t drive 2,000 miles to be part of this soggy sandwich.

They’re a dumb version of Captain Fumio Nakahira. They will not give up on their queen.

Don’t under^overrate them:

Betsey_Ross Just now
She’s got her plan.  Is there any doubt that she is running?  NO.  There is no doubt.  The wait is over.  She’s running.  Now stop complaining and start working.

Start working to attack the real enemy. Rick Perry.

This was a declaration of war. She’s toast. Again.

I know C4Pers are invested in putting the best spin on things. but Sarah couldn’t have given a sloppier speech if she were smashed on applejack.

I think the “signing shit and shaking hands” is longer than the actual speech.

Hee:

IsraeliCojones 7 minutes ago
This was a fantastic speech :D

Er, don’t beat me up or anything, but she should lower the pitch (she didn’t shout or anything, but…).

* ducking for cover in an anti-missile shelter *
AmsterdamExpat and 2 more liked this Like   Reply

mkp03 2 minutes ago in reply to IsraeliCojones
Hard to lower the pitch when your’re a soprano

As Gandolfini always used to complain.

Finally, it’s over.

Did the earth not move for you, too?

I’ve just come to this thread and am reading the jaw-dropping descriptions of the warm-up acts.

They thought this was better than Christine O’Donnell?  At least Christine would have brought some real laughs.

I take it the crowd didn’t clap hard enough so Grifterbelle didn’t announce she’s running.

Or maybe she saw her shadow. Six more weeks of wondering!

Or maybe she saw her shadow. Six more weeks of wondering!

LOL

Points to YAFB for the Mrs. Miller shout-out.

She’s reminding me of the Ultimate Dog Tease:

“And ya know what?  I gotta plan!”

A plan? You gotta plan?

“Yah! An’ I put drilling in it, and exceptionalism!”

“Exceptionalism? The maple kind?”

Comment by Mrs. Polly

I didn’t laugh hard enough the first time so now I am shamelessly guffawing.

But the reason most jobs have went off shore is because of the high corprate tax rate. I think Sarahs point is if we remove that tax the jobs will come back

I give up. There’s no hope.

IF?

Her next stop is South Korea.  She’s going for that crucial Moonie endorsement.